Big Bear Info?

vegas style

need some info on where i should stay in the big bear area.

some friends and i are wanting to do a camping trip to big bear lake or a lake near by. what we are looking for is camping for tents and a couple small trailers. would need to be by the water so we can fish (will have a small fishing boat). i would also like to trail ride a little but that would be secondary and i can truck the quad to a trailhead. hoping to do this trip in a few weeks so i know i need to get reservations now.

thanks for any info will be my first trip there. kind of missing the camping back in oregon. trees, mild temps, and beautiful lakes!

I always have a great time up in lake arrowhead however i dont know where you could camp? I wonder if silverwood would be a better area its not as (residential) as big bear and arrowhead?

• 4 weeks later...

need some info on where i should stay in the big bear area.

some friends and i are wanting to do a camping trip to big bear lake or a lake near by. what we are looking for is camping for tents and a couple small trailers. would need to be by the water so we can fish (will have a small fishing boat). i would also like to trail ride a little but that would be secondary and i can truck the quad to a trailhead. hoping to do this trip in a few weeks so i know i need to get reservations now.

thanks for any info will be my first trip there. kind of missing the camping back in oregon. trees, mild temps, and beautiful lakes!

I hope this information is not to late...

I would try the camp grounds along the North Shore Between Stanfield Cuttoff Road and Fawuskin. Its By the Observartory. Take North Shore along Hwy 18 it will cross North shore road Turn Left " Down off the hwy". You dont need reservations its a big camp ground with fire pits and restrooms. There are many mountain bike trails in that area also, Cougar Crest Trail is a nice 3 mile deal... as for a boat... Try any of the marina's in town. they usually have plenty of boats.Its not been that crowded this year so you may have a easy time getting what you want... If you come around the 4th of July than GOOD LUCK!! Its a zoo!! LOL!!

Pm Me if you have any questions on where to go or if you need me to go and check out something for you!!

Hope this helps.. Have a great time here!!

:beercheers: