Gold Point Ghost Town

Moparskin18

So Coral Pink trip was cancelled due to unemployment...... but Lori and I were invited to Gold Point for the Memorial Day Chili Cookoff.....

Its an old ghost town off of route 267 about 60 miles north of Beatty....

some guy bought the ghost town and is restoring it....

Get this theres a saloon that is open 24hrs with live band and free beer!!! :beerpint::beercheers:

post-2075-1243453666_thumb.jpg

post-2075-1243453912_thumb.jpg

post-2075-1243453979_thumb.jpg

post-2075-1243454046_thumb.jpg

post-2075-1243454660_thumb.jpg

post-2075-1243454609_thumb.jpg

post-2075-1243454232_thumb.jpg

post-2075-1243454846_thumb.jpg

post-2075-1243455225_thumb.jpg

post-2075-1243455274_thumb.jpg

Cant... the chili cookoff is memorial weekend....

next year i'm gonna be in a shoot out :idea:

Oh well then.. I would rather go to Little Sahara for Memorial! Maybe we can go a different time.. I am not that big on chili.. or Mike having chili and being stuck in the hauler!! :beercheers::beerpint::grin::lol:

Can you make two trips???

I have been there many times staking power lines, problem is that BLM told us 5 years ago that we cannot hook up another consumer because the town is squatting on BLM land, it was never pvt. when it was subdivided and sold off. But it is a cool place.

I have been there many times staking power lines, problem is that BLM told us 5 years ago that we cannot hook up another consumer because the town is squatting on BLM land, it was never pvt. when it was subdivided and sold off. But it is a cool place.

They say mining claims the town sits on were never patented. Reid was trying at one point to sort it out with the BLM but knowing the BLM the town will be bull-dosed before that happens.

Of course they say the title to my property in Goldfield is clouded too but they were lazy to do the research.

They argue that the Trustee for the township of Goldfield didn't have the right to sell lots on top of mining claims. Many old mining towns were built that way. I don't care if the trustee had the right or not.

The owner of a patented claim has right to sell and define the surface rights and that's all you are likely to get in a mining area anyway. As long as that deed and all those that follow it are in my hot little hands the those lazy a..holes can go pound cloudy sand.

I'm told the patents were never issued for Gold Point but only a few hours researching at the BLM office in Tonopah will tell truly tell the tale and most of the so called local experts are simply too lazy to do so.

Eli