need a shop recomendation

ynot

My yfz doesn't get ridden much and lately it's been popping and the bike seems to be putting off a lot of heat more than they are supposed to. I need to get it ready for a trip to Utah and am looking for someone that knows these bikes. Any suggestions? The bike is completly stock except for a K&N filter.

Thanks,

Terry

My yfz doesn't get ridden much and lately it's been popping and the bike seems to be putting off a lot of heat more than they are supposed to. I need to get it ready for a trip to Utah and am looking for someone that knows these bikes. Any suggestions? The bike is completly stock except for a K&N filter.

Thanks,

Terry

Popping after non use is usually a lean condition from restricted fuel flow. Just take the carb off, remove the bowl and check your main & pilot/low speed jets, most likely it's old dried up fuel residue, best way is remove the jets and use spray brakeclean and maybe a bristle plucked from a brush with needle nose, I've used fine thread also (jet floss). Backlight it, look through the jet at a light or any bright reflective surface. Look at www.hlsm.com for an online microfiche of your year & model. Clean those and try riding it. The only other thing that could need cleaning is the fuel screw/ seat, it's in the bottom between the slide and engine, might be hidden with a brass plug, drill it and it'll pop out. When you remove the fuel screw 1st screw it in/closed and count the turns so you know where it was. good luck, and if you park it for awhile put some fuel stabilizer in it, it's at most auto parts stores.

i bet the pilot is getting plugged up.. :D Pull it off and give it a good cleaning.. you retired folk have plenty of free time inbetween cups of coffee and watching antiques road show :P

Or take it to mike at green valley atv. :D