09 Ram 1500 Quad Cab Review/Rants

EY3BA11

So this week i rented a Truck from enterprise. I got an 09 Ram 1500 Quad Cab Short bed with the hemi. Here are some of my thoughts!!

Pro's:

Interior looks good color scheme and materials

Exterior nice design nice appeal

Driveability - Steers easy tracks well and overal a nice riding truck

Gas Mileage - For a full size truck the information center says 18mpg average so far i will know for sure when i fill it up at the end of the week if the information center is correct.

Cons:

Power - Will not get out of its own damn way. You mash the throttle and nothing happens till you hit about 3500-4k on the tach..

Comfort - Seats not the most comfortable but doable

Interior - Kinda cheep feeling not very many cubby holes or places to hide stuff

Controls - stereo not in the most comfortable posistion and no steering wheel controls for the radio

Drivers Information Center - what a freakin joke! Chevy has the DIC down to a science. Example - the DIC says you have a low tire. OK which one. Chevy will tell you the pressures in each tire thru the DIC dodge not so much! So while i wonder around the truck in some podunk hill billy town gas station checking each tire for which one is low turns out the driver front was low and was at 30psi enough to trigger the sensor. The Information Center only displays Radio Station, MPG and system info and setup. System info only displays coolant and trans temp. WHOOOPIDIE DOOO. Trip meters are still the old style push button down on the dash.

Mechanical - Currently the drivers side torsion bar pops like a mofo when making left turns.. when it unloads it makes all kinds of racket.

Body - THIN metal. im afraid to lean up against the truck for leaving a permanent dent in it. Its like thinner than a beer can material!

needless to say i wont be buying a dodge in the future!

So this week i rented a Truck from enterprise. I got an 09 Ram 1500 Quad Cab Short bed with the hemi. Here are some of my thoughts!!

Pro's:

Interior looks good color scheme and materials

Exterior nice design nice appeal

Driveability - Steers easy tracks well and overal a nice riding truck

Gas Mileage - For a full size truck the information center says 18mpg average so far i will know for sure when i fill it up at the end of the week if the information center is correct.

Cons:

Power - Will not get out of its own damn way. You mash the throttle and nothing happens till you hit about 3500-4k on the tach..

Comfort - Seats not the most comfortable but doable

Interior - Kinda cheep feeling not very many cubby holes or places to hide stuff

Controls - stereo not in the most comfortable posistion and no steering wheel controls for the radio

Drivers Information Center - what a freakin joke! Chevy has the DIC down to a science. Example - the DIC says you have a low tire. OK which one. Chevy will tell you the pressures in each tire thru the DIC dodge not so much! So while i wonder around the truck in some podunk hill billy town gas station checking each tire for which one is low turns out the driver front was low and was at 30psi enough to trigger the sensor. The Information Center only displays Radio Station, MPG and system info and setup. System info only displays coolant and trans temp. WHOOOPIDIE DOOO. Trip meters are still the old style push button down on the dash.

Mechanical - Currently the drivers side torsion bar pops like a mofo when making left turns.. when it unloads it makes all kinds of racket.

Body - THIN metal. im afraid to lean up against the truck for leaving a permanent dent in it. Its like thinner than a beer can material!

needless to say i wont be buying a dodge in the future!

With practice one can learn to spot a techie .... :clown:

Edited by RUn2it

i have to say you have a damn good point there but i have to say dodge keeps it simple and you cant beat the jake brake and light tow load option you can get in the 2500 and 3500 personaly i wouldnt buy anything but a diesel you put your foot in it it fuggin goes cant beat the power so why even judge a pos gaser and im not upping just dodge that goes for CHEVY GMC FORD as well

Edited by sndruner213

my titan had more get up and go than this thing rode better interior was far superior and much more plush!

Granted yes dodge is simple and the cummins is the sh*t!! Test drove one and i could roast the stockers thru 2nd and most of 3rd :P but its just that a "SIMPLE" truck! Interior lacked creature comforts and the seating was far from comfortable.

RuN2it there is plenty more than just the information center that is whack but that was the most annoying thing to me lol.

Cruise is on a funky joystick at the bottom of the steering wheel and the steering column isnt telescopic only up and down. i have short legs to i sit a bit closer and i cant push the steering wheel all the way foward to acomodate for my normal sized arms lol Simple but lacks the creature comforts most are acustomed to in a chevy/nissan/hell even ford for that matter.

my titan had more get up and go than this thing rode better interior was far superior and much more plush!

Granted yes dodge is simple and the cummins is the sh*t!! Test drove one and i could roast the stockers thru 2nd and most of 3rd :P but its just that a "SIMPLE" truck! Interior lacked creature comforts and the seating was far from comfortable.

RuN2it there is plenty more than just the information center that is whack but that was the most annoying thing to me lol.

Cruise is on a funky joystick at the bottom of the steering wheel and the steering column isnt telescopic only up and down. i have short legs to i sit a bit closer and i cant push the steering wheel all the way foward to acomodate for my normal sized arms lol Simple but lacks the creature comforts most are acustomed to in a chevy/nissan/hell even ford for that matter.

Well, you know the name ... creature comforts? Dodge! attention to detail? Dodge! They Dodge everything except your $

• 3 weeks later...

What trim level was this truck? I doubt Enterprise buys much more than a stripper to rent out to people. My 2005 Ram has all the goodies. My gas and brake pedals even move. And I have been in the new body style truck at the dealer. In the SLT and Laramie trim they are NICE. But I'm still gonna keep my 2005 because that 6.7 Cummins is POOP. The 5.9 is the only Cummins I want in a truck (besides a 4BT).

it wasnt LOADED LOADED but it had the necesities.. Power windows locks keyless entry a/c am/fm/cd split bench in the front no center console and cloth.. a mildly equipped truck.. It was so much how it was equiped it was the layout and function of what was there.. i dont think there was much else that could be done except leather buckets and in dash nav..