so mad

fctryblack84

well i go into albertsons get some ice cream and an air filter for the house, as im paying my pager for my alarm starts going off so i quickly hurry come out to the alarm going off. nothing is broken i take a good look around my truck nothing till i get to my drivers side door handle is all tweaked keyhole has been punch out. ! i go back inside ask for a manager or security. lady says whats up. well my sh*t got f*cked with and damage is done. oooooooo she says well you need file a police report before i do anything. now its just a waiting game for 10 days then call a number and see if they found the fk nugget who has the balls to steal steal sh*t or well tried to but failed at doing so.

Edited by fctryblack84

wow, what albertsons if you dont mind me asking. Thats totally F*ked up, sorry to hear that. i cant believe that the time it takes to go in and get a filter and ice cream that some idiot :laughoff: could have the time and nerve to break into someones vehicle. i hope they find the bastard. wish you could have caught him in the act :mog:

sorry to hear that!!

wow, what albertsons if you dont mind me asking. Thats totally F*ked up, sorry to hear that. i cant believe that the time it takes to go in and get a filter and ice cream that some idiot :laughoff: could have the time and nerve to break into someones vehicle. i hope they find the bastard. wish you could have caught him in the act :mog:

sorry to hear that!!

even if i would have saw em doing it i couldnt bash there heads in i only have one hand i can use. i went to the off of lake mead and holly wood. area is startin to get bad

That sucks man. Good thing you got that pager. It almost seems easier to bite the bullet and just fix it yourself and let it go. Did this happen to your S-10?

yup. either they wanted my truck and/or my expensive stereo. reason i got the aftermarket alarm

Edited by fctryblack84

If they puched your lock most likely they were going the truck, not the radio, Any one who wanted a radio would have just busted your window. Albertsons and store security will do nothing for you unfortunately, they are not liable for your property unless you can prove they were negligent or it was their fault. I would file a police report so PD has their report incase they catch the idiot later on and they can contact you to press charges. Buy a new lock and install it yourself, not to hard. Looking at your signature, all chevys, fords, gmc's are famous for punched locks. Older model hondas accords, civics and Toyota Camrys it would have been a shaved key, also 90's Saturns with the 2.4 twin cam.

i already filed a police report. gotta call a number in 10 days give em the case number and see whats up. if they would have tried to steal it good luck i have a ignition kill on my aftermarket alarm. but who knows if there is a way around that i dont jack sqaut

Edited by fctryblack84

damn that sucks Jon. seems like its always something these days with thieves. sorry bastards. I had the driver side door lock punched out of my suburban some time ago. it was about 2 in the am, but luckily I had just got home and was still up, so when my alarm went off I was out the door with a baseball bat.

so anyone know how hard it is to fix, cause I still havent done that.

Guest Crasher

I ran into a similar problem a few weeks ago at a Smith's parking lot. Even though the parking lot is private property, they are not liable for any damage, theft in their own damn parking lot. Did some research and found out I was screwed. All you can do is file a police report and submit it to your insurance company. With my situation, several people saw it but did nothing about it, which pissed me off even more. Oh well, not much I could have done. Some dumbass lady in a huge truck swung her door open so hard, it slammed into the passenger side of my car. Then she left, like the coward she is. I remember the truck when I parked my car, so I've been keeping my eyes out for her!!! She obviously didn't know how to drive a truck, because she parked like a 2 year old. I should have known better to be anywhere near her. But I was pretty far away, so she must have swung that door open pretty hard. People are just downright rude!!! Sorry John. Hope you find the jerk who did this. :mog: Damn thieves!!! :laughoff:

i know some guys who changed out the front door handles with locks to the crew cab rear door handles without keyholes, and got rid of the manual lock and unlock mechanism, just for this reason....you may be able to do it with your truck too.

its much easier to steal the car and empty it of its stereo and other stuff in a werehouse than it is a public parking lot

i know some guys who changed out the front door handles with locks to the crew cab rear door handles without keyholes, and got rid of the manual lock and unlock mechanism, just for this reason....you may be able to do it with your truck too.

its much easier to steal the car and empty it of its stereo and other stuff in a werehouse than it is a public parking lot

that would be pretty cool or shave all the handles and install door poppers. who knows im sure someone knows what i have in my truck that they are jealous about because they have to steal it when i paid for it with my own money i earned, thats what pisses me off, but hey what can ya do, just bite your tongue and go on with life ya know. :bert:

that sucks, thats to bad that sh*t happens. its a good thing you have a pager alarm. ive been threatening to do that to my truck and Julies pathfinder. But times are tough right now and i just plane cant afford that. Iam glad nothing got stolen or seriously broken.

that would be pretty cool or shave all the handles and install door poppers. who knows im sure someone knows what i have in my truck that they are jealous about because they have to steal it when i paid for it with my own money i earned, thats what pisses me off, but hey what can ya do, just bite your tongue and go on with life ya know. :bert:

they probably dont know what is in your truck, but because it looks nice, they assume something is in there. with the economy the way it is, this type of stuff is going down all over. this happened in the parking lot at my gym to 5 cars within a half an hour, and while the police were investigating it, they hit a grocery store parking lot up the street for 7 more cars...all stolen

that sucks, thats to bad that sh*t happens. its a good thing you have a pager alarm. ive been threatening to do that to my truck and Julies pathfinder. But times are tough right now and i just plane cant afford that. Iam glad nothing got stolen or seriously broken.

bout the best investment ever but isn't cheap. im surprised the pager worked inside the store. suppose to work upto a mile away and never does but it did and im glad too. but i wish i didnt go to one of those lil audio stores, not satisfied with the install. they didnt mount the box securely just let it lay there. and when i push the unlock button inside on the door panel it only unlocks the drivers door and when i push the lock part its locks and unlocks the drivers door. i took it back to em owner said its a problem with the truck it self which is total bs cause it worked fine before i had it put in.

they probably don't know what is in your truck, but because it looks nice, they assume something is in there. with the economy the way it is, this type of stuff is going down all over. this happened in the parking lot at my gym to 5 cars within a half an hour, and while the police were investigating it, they hit a grocery store parking lot up the street for 7 more cars...all stolen

im sure ive driven by someone within a mile or two of mile house with my stereo loud a$$ hell and the sub woofer up all the way, prolly jealous cause some white kid has better beats then him. the albertsons it happened at not even a mile away from where i live.

Edited by fctryblack84

gotta keep dat sh*t down man.....i dont push my bass farther than 1/4 of what I set it for, and it still sounds decent......I just got sick of the bass overpowering the highs. I used to have a high end that would keep up with the bass, but my hearing sure paid for it.

i normally turn my stereo off before i enter the neighbor hood. im mostly playin country music that sh*t hits too lol. just gotta wait out 10 days call and see whats up in till then life goes on.

well i go into albertsons get some ice cream and an air filter for the house, as im paying my pager for my alarm starts going off so i quickly hurry come out to the alarm going off. nothing is broken i take a good look around my truck nothing till i get to my drivers side door handle is all tweaked keyhole has been punch out. ! i go back inside ask for a manager or security. lady says whats up. well my sh*t got f*cked with and damage is done. oooooooo she says well you need file a police report before i do anything. now its just a waiting game for 10 days then call a number and see if they found the fk nugget who has the balls to steal steal sh*t or well tried to but failed at doing so.

im just amazed that anyone would go buy an hvac filter at a grocery store...lol hope they catch the dumb azz.... :?:

dammm that sucks,the good thing they didn't get to take it, if not it would of been worse......i got the pager alarm also and i love it,trust me it works my buddy that did my alarm has it in is truck too & he has major ca$$ in it,one day he went to the store just to get something fast matter of 2-3 min & as he went in the store some punk a$$ tried to open his truck, the pager went off & he came out running and the basterd seen him comming and pulled one of the head rest tv as he ran into traffic.....lucky basterd got away if not he would of gotten :mog: :mog: ....so from there on i really trust this alarm it works,even if they hit it in any way it alerts you{my boys where playing ball and hit the truck and that pager went off} .....i highly recomend the viper pager alarm :laughoff:

I just had to replace the door latch on my dodge and here is what I did, dont image it to be to different on other trucks.

remove philips screws from the inside door panel

remove screw from handle to open door to remove handle

remove door latch

detach tabs from panel to door

detach cables for power windows locks, etc...

remove door panel

pull back protective clear plastic glued with some sticky black tacky glue, just enought to work and mess with door handle, remember this stuff has to back on.

the locking mechanism was attached with a plastic clip to the handle that I had to pull back and to the side to remove

then used socket wrench to remove 2 screws that held door handle in place on door

remove lock cylinder from old broken handle and replace in new one

reverse procedure to reinstall

im just amazed that anyone would go buy an hvac filter at a grocery store...lol hope they catch the dumb azz.... :?:

well we just got a new ac unit and needed one. im not gonna drive clear the hell across town to go buy a filter, just needed one to get by. would you rather me go to fuggin wally world and buy one. no thanks.

Edited by fctryblack84