got a kawasaki zx 9 motor for a buggy

turbo_bruce

Is a ZX9 motor a 900cc? If so that might be a tad small for a 2 seater, but a small single seater it might work out ok. It might make ok HP, but the torque may be lacking. I'm not 100% sure as I am not too familiar with that motor.

My car also uses a 5 link setup with 930 CV's.

ssc-2.jpg

Is a ZX9 motor a 900cc? If so that might be a tad small for a 2 seater, but a small single seater it might work out ok. It might make ok HP, but the torque may be lacking. I'm not 100% sure as I am not too familiar with that motor.

My car also uses a 5 link setup with 930 CV's.

ssc-2.jpg

thank you for the replys and pic from what i have read this motor puts out about 145+hp and has alot of lowend so i think it will do ok the older busas put out about 150+hp so i think it will do ok if not it will get a turbo but i do need to get some more parts like seats 3x3 trailing arms and rims and tires and shocks i think i might go with a bench seat but i will see what i can get

Edited by turbo_bruce

thank you for the replys and pic from what i have read this motor puts out about 145+hp and has alot of lowend so i think it will do ok the older busas put out about 150+hp so i think it will do ok if not it will get a turbo but i do need to get some more parts like seats 3x3 trailing arms and rims and tires and shocks i think i might go with a bench seat but i will see what i can get

Busas are actually up there at about 175+ hp stock :dunno:

Just remember to keep it light. Things add weight very quickly when building a car.

Busas are actually up there at about 175+ hp stock :laughing:

Just remember to keep it light. Things add weight very quickly when building a car.

not sure on the years but i did a busa quad and on the dyno it put 155 hp and i was told by the scott at heads up that that is about what they put out. but my be the newer ones put out more??? thanks for the reply and the pic is there any more out there???

• 1 month later...