plug wires vw

draggindre

took the buggie out for a ride threw the calico hills last night and the ol girl started missing on the way back.

this morning while checking her out i found that one of the wires was melted to the exaust.

anyways to my question. since there are no part numbers on the wires that are one the car. and the :blonde: :blonde: that work at the local auto parts stores. can only find parts if you have the exact make model and year. not like the old days when you could tell the guy i have an 1840 vw and i need plug wires.

so does anybody know how to get the part numbers that i need?

the only info i have on the eng is that i was told buy the last owner it is an 1840.

its the points system.

the car was built in 1973. i dont know by who.

Just an idea... make them yourself.....

http://www.msdignition.com/info.aspx?taxid=10&taxid2=70

You can prob call them for specific information, but being able to choose the lengh of wire and boot angle by making them yourself should solve future header/melting probs... that and some pretty zip ties instead of looms...

:beercheers:

Just an idea... make them yourself.....

http://www.msdignition.com/info.aspx?taxid=10&taxid2=70

You can prob call them for specific information, but being able to choose the lengh of wire and boot angle by making them yourself should solve future header/melting probs... that and some pretty zip ties instead of looms...

:beercheers:

that sounds good to me thanx for the sight im gonna check it out so i can get back to the dirt

:lol:

Edited by draggindre

yeah i found that out the hard way when i was young and didnt realize that when you buy a univesal set of wire you can cut them down to fit. so i zipped them all together like the first pic and had probs. pops was like :beercheers: but i learned and now its all good. i just got back from trying to find some universal wires and couldnt find any in this town. so im gonna call the guys at msd and see if they can help tomarrow. or give doghouse a call im sure he has what i need.

www.mooreparts.com shoud have what you need. I have bought parts from them in the past for my baja. Go for the Accel ceramic brand wires, work great.

Actually, here you go:

http://www.mooreparts.com/store/product/1849/AC998024/

This is for a red set that are 8mm and are labeled as high performance wires. Only 25 bucks.

Edited by SandBurro