generators....super quiet....

Thinking about getting a new generator. I have a 7500 kohler....and it has an oil leak. When it gets hot it will cause smoke. It very very very heavy too, I d guess in the 300-400 area. Its in an insulated box, and the only thing Id really like to add is a remote start. Mostly cause then I could fire it up while still in bed.

Anyways, either fix teh oil leak and be happy, even though Ill have to take it out to do it, or just replace it.....

which brings me to..

1. hondas.....one or two eu 3000's

2. equivalent yamaha.

3. ebay style "super quiet" off brands for much cheaper.

I was also looking at the honda 6500 but if I go with two eu 3000's and only run one most of the time.

A deisel would be cool, but I have no experience with them or how loud they are.

Thinking about getting a new generator. I have a 7500 kohler....and it has an oil leak. When it gets hot it will cause smoke. It very very very heavy too, I d guess in the 300-400 area. Its in an insulated box, and the only thing Id really like to add is a remote start. Mostly cause then I could fire it up while still in bed.

Anyways, either fix teh oil leak and be happy, even though Ill have to take it out to do it, or just replace it.....

which brings me to..

2. equivalent yamaha.

I was also looking at the honda 6500 but if I go with two eu 3000's and only run one most of the time.

A deisel would be cool, but I have no experience with them or how loud they are.

well if you are in the market for a new genarator that is not that loud you would consider to go with an onan genarator i personaly have one and it is 60hz gen set it has been working well and it is very quite and it has lots of power for my energy needs

Edited by THE BIG E

which brings me to..

2. equivalent yamaha.

I bought one of these for the night drags a couple of years a go - It was so quiet after it locked up with about three hours of total run time. It was such a great unit its sitting in my garage cause after I did the charge back on my card the company didnt want to come get it - they did however ask me to drive it back to california - fugg that..

The cool thing about the Yamaha 3000 is it gives you an extra 500 watt temp boost to help the A/C/Microwave get started.

It's a clever dealio involving the battery and some electrical gizmos inside the generator so you'll get 3500 watts for a few peaking seconds.

We have the Honda 3000 .

It's terrific.

Electric start.

I suggest duct tape over the pull starter rope cubby because it eventually wears from flying around in the wind during transport and the handle breaks off the rope.

It's a genuine PITA to re-set the rope in the pull starter mechanism.

Once every few years I cut the rope below the thin wear points and re-fasten the pull starter handle.

The goofy thing about the Honda 6500 is though it's rated at 54 amps, it doesn't have a 50 AMP receptacle on it.

Still 30 AMP receptacle last I checked them out.

And at 250 lbs it's a heavy mofo.

The cheapie imitation Honda generators,, well I know of no one that has had any success with them.

Honda makes a pancake RV generator to replace the Kohler.

It's liquid cooled, so it takes some work to retrofit it.

But those that have done the Honda retro swear by them.

EV4010.jpg

Honda 4000 watt RV generator

EV6010.jpg

Honda 6000 watt generator.

Edited by Free Agent