We live in the land of the free only because of the brave

OGP

And just what would there be to keep you on your toes if you didn't have a couple of drive by political naysayers amoungst the crew??? :peeps: :ban-split::ban-split:

dune trip reports, stories about the dunes, upcoming trips & events at Dumont, tech talk, fun stuff, etc etc etc :MBdance:

When I went in the Marines, they sent me to Heavy Equipment mechanics (earth movers) and diesel engine school.

When I came back from Viet Nam, I was made a bartender at the Officer Club at Kaneohe Marine Corps air station, and a lifeguard at the officers family beach.

I still did my daily Marine Corps duties muscle fuc#ing Bulldozers everyday too,, I just had to rise earlier, and stay up later.

I got to meet a lot of famous Americans while bar tending at the Officers club.

Old Man Jimmy Doolittle and (most of) his 30 seconds over Tokyo raiders, James Stewart, many of the Flying Tiger survivors,, the Buddahheads that fought the SS in Europe, and many others.

The news media was all over it back then.

They would occasionally hold their conventions/reunions at the Air Stations outstanding officers club.

Our country doesn't seem to have this kinda stuff anymore, nor seem to remember it much.