My first upgrades

sand chick

New tires made a HUGE difference!!!!!!!

First time out on the new tire set up... I think I'll take it easy... but NOOOOOOO... I had to jump in behind Vegas Style at the tail end of a Dunefreak, Ynot, OGP, Mike and Randog's group.. Crusty, Donnkey, etc. And I kept right up with them!!!! :angry2: :blury::dope::laughoff: Soooo much easier to turn and manuver through the dunes with the tire set up.

I had forgetten that Mike did the rejet on the carb as well, so when I first started going up and over Banshee I gunned it and rode a nice not expected wheelie for a little ways! :coocoo: scared me, but I kept on going!

Now to get used to using that rear end slide!

Oh and Jodie.....If you want to take my quad for a ride up Comp or Banshee or try it out in the middle of the dunes for comparison sake just find me :ban-split:

:ban-split:

Thanks Kristin :flipoff:

Hi!!! new and reading the post!!

Nice quad!

Next upgrade can be the Honda HRC hop up kit!

It really opens the 450 power band!

Plenty of all around pwer!!

Good Luck and be safe!!! :thumb:

Thanks!! And welcome to the site! :ninja:

hello jodi,i have the same quad and just by looking at the tire set up i could tell you u will do great...the itp sand stars are more for dunning,they grip good,the straight paddles like skat trak are good for straight riding like going up comp or banshee hill,don't get me wrong they are super good tires but compare to the itps the skats slide a lil & for the type of riding you do you got the perfect tires.....i have all around itp sand stars in all my quads because i do more dunning than racing....that my opinion.....on my quad i have the following up grades,i have a full yoshi pipe a Riv box,k&N filter with open lid & jetted,thats good for me because i want to keep it reliable.ones you do big bore stroke and all that good stuff its less reliable,more maintenance and might have to run on vp...i could feel the difference to a stock 450r hands down.....if you want you could try it out poker run i will be out there :flipoff::thumb:

hello jodi,i have the same quad and just by looking at the tire set up i could tell you u will do great...the itp sand stars are more for dunning,they grip good,the straight paddles like skat trak are good for straight riding like going up comp or banshee hill,don't get me wrong they are super good tires but compare to the itps the skats slide a lil & for the type of riding you do you got the perfect tires.....i have all around itp sand stars in all my quads because i do more dunning than racing....that my opinion.....on my quad i have the following up grades,i have a full yoshi pipe a Riv box,k&N filter with open lid & jetted,thats good for me because i want to keep it reliable.ones you do big bore stroke and all that good stuff its less reliable,more maintenance and might have to run on vp...i could feel the difference to a stock 450r hands down.....if you want you could try it out poker run i will be out there :beerpint::DDRrocks:

Thanks! I may take you up on that! :DDRrocks:

Just the rejet that Mike did made a noticable difference!