2 wire alternator

RAGDOLL MX

well got rid of the gennie and put on a 2 wire alternator, so that also got rid of the regulator that VW has..so as i scratch my head and said some cuss words that were uniquely combined to make no sence. i came across this problem.

i know that the B+ goes to the positive of the battery,

where does the D+ go??

i tried to look it up, and everything tells me that it should go to the dash...so would that go to my volt guage?

thanks

The B+ is the hot wire from the battery if I remember correctly. Thus allowing the generator to charge the battery. The other wire is wired to the ignition and and idiot light. The alternator won't charge until it feels a current draw. Thats why the idiot light is there. The light goes on when the ignition switch is turned on then after it is started the light will go off and allow the generator to do it's job. An Led light will not work for this task you need a regular light to draw enough current to trip the alternator into charge mode.

I will see if I can find the wiring schematics for this but it's very simple to do.

Edited by bp-guy

yup..

the B+ goes from the alternator to the + post of the starter solinoid, and the D+ goes to the dash to the idiot light and to a power switch.

got it all working and wired up so its all good now, putting out about 13.5 volts