06 F250 6.0 liter diesel towing 30'-40' toyhauler questions

stoic

My friend has a lifted F250 with 35" tires. He would like to buy a large toyhauler, but wants to know more information about the weight that his vehicle can tow. How will his stock transmission and motor handle a large toyhauler with multiple quads and possibly a sxs?

I have same truck lifted 8" on 37s. I pull a 24 ft ragn and that about the biggest hauler I feel safe pulling with my set up. I have 4.56 gears to help also. The max on the F250 is about 12500lbs stock. My hauler loaded is about 10500 lbs. Hope this helps.

I had a WW 33' fifth wheel, with a 2006 F250 6.0 6" lift and 35" tires, had a SXS, and 2 quads loaded up with 150 gallons of water and 60 gallons of gas did great.

I have a programmer, cold air intake, and a aftermarket exhaust, but that was just for more power.

have no idea what it weighed, I am sure like MOST I was over limit

I tow a 34' bumper pull. Truck is on 38's and geared with 4:56's. I have been towing this setup since 2006. I would recommend staying under 30' and dont max out the GCWR. I think it is a total of 20,000 lbs counting truck and loaded trailer. Make sure he gets guages to keep an eye on trans temp and EGT.

I have an 05 f350 on 35's all stock and i pull a 35 foot fury bumper tow trip axles (2 small kids quads,4 seat rhino crf450 klk110 and 2 kfx700's) total weight of truck n trailer is 23k pulls fine when the fn turbo hose stays on the motor and trans will hold is the brakes you have to worry bout and center the weight ovr the axles

Edited by BIGN

I am pulling a triple axle, 40' 5th wheel hauler with 3000 lbs of toys inside, plus fuel and H2O with an '06 F350, 6.0, 35's and stock suspension & air bags and i would rather pull that than a 20' tag trailer. I used to pull the same RV with my '00 F250, 6" lift, 35's & air bags, with a V10..... mileage sucked but it still pulled OK.