BIGN Posted November 18, 2009 Posted November 18, 2009 What is everyone using? How do they run down the road when not towing?? RPM's at highway speeds Quote
BIGN Posted November 19, 2009 Author Posted November 19, 2009 The reason im asking is cause im running 3.73's and 35" tires and wanted to know what is a good in between ratio to go to. 05 f350 6.0 Quote
indasand Posted November 19, 2009 Posted November 19, 2009 Are you trying to get back to the original final drive ratio you had before the 35" tires???? Quote
BIGN Posted November 19, 2009 Author Posted November 19, 2009 ya or just a little beter towing than stock. had one place till me 4.88's and another say 4.56's Quote
indasand Posted November 19, 2009 Posted November 19, 2009 I'm 4:11.... I'd save the lower stuff for 4 wheeling..... not a daily driver/towing truck.... Quote
BIGN Posted November 19, 2009 Author Posted November 19, 2009 dans driveline told me 4.88's i still wana be able to do 80+ without a triler but pull ibecks at 55 last weekend with head wind i did 45 Quote
kr350 Posted November 19, 2009 Posted November 19, 2009 I have 37's on my 04 6.0 and was told to use 4.30's on a diesel by Adam's Driveshaft. It seems that the 4.88's would run high rpm's on 35's Quote
BIGN Posted November 19, 2009 Author Posted November 19, 2009 i was thinking 4.10's would put me close to stock ratio Quote
barefoot bob Posted November 20, 2009 Posted November 20, 2009 i run toyo 38s on a 4:10 ratio its comparable to 3:70 ratio on stock tires Quote
painterjoe Posted December 3, 2009 Posted December 3, 2009 4.88 is overkill, with 35's I'd leave it. Quote
EY3BA11 Posted December 3, 2009 Posted December 3, 2009 what size tires were stock on it? Use this calculator. This will tell you where you need to be to get back to the stock ratio.. http://www.rocky-road.com/calculator.html Quote
White Rhino Posted December 3, 2009 Posted December 3, 2009 what size tires were stock on it? Use this calculator. This will tell you where you need to be to get back to the stock ratio.. http://www.rocky-road.com/calculator.html very cool Quote
BIGN Posted December 4, 2009 Author Posted December 4, 2009 what size tires were stock on it? Use this calculator. This will tell you where you need to be to get back to the stock ratio.. http://www.rocky-road.com/calculator.html 32's were stock. calculations say 4.10's. i was thinking 4.27's that way it would give me a little beter towing Quote
lvnalolife Posted December 7, 2009 Posted December 7, 2009 I run 4:56's with my 38's. With 35's i wouldn't go more than a 4:33. Call Adams drive shaft. James really knows his stuff. He will get you exactly what you want. Dan's told me 4:88's once too. Right now I can cruise around at 80 no problem. Quote
Brian73 Posted December 14, 2009 Posted December 14, 2009 The reason im asking is cause im running 3.73's and 35" tires and wanted to know what is a good in between ratio to go to. 05 f350 6.0 I'm in the same boat, only with the 7.3l. When I get some extra dough I'll go with 4.30. My reason, tire calculater say's 4.23 (I really don't remember the exact number) so my theory is this; It is equal cost to change to a 4.11 or 4.30. In my opinion a 4.11 will not make much difference so I would go with the 4.30. 4.88 is bad advice because you will get terrible millaege and lose top speed. They are great for towing but if this is a daily driver its a bad idea. FYI I had a f-550 with 4.88's and the best I ever got (empty or loaded) was 315 mi on a 38 gallon tank Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.