uggggg

RAGDOLL MX

well for those that dont know, i bought another truck the other day, i needed something that could tow the toy hauler, so i ended going in halves with Dave on a Super Duty F350 (460 gas) 4 door long bed 4x4, got a pretty decent deal on it. i was looking for another diesel, but everything i looked at was crap and beat to hell, this has a new motor and a new trans, but apparently not a new water pump...so i spent the better part of today taking apart everything but the rear diff to take off the water pump...what a pain in the a$$!!!! but anyway, i was just frustrated!, but now that i know what ELSE has to come off i can now do it in record time..iam sure of that...to get the water pump out, gotta take out the following....fan clutch, fan, alternator, alternator bracket, fan shroud, power steering bracket, 5 hoses, 4 rubber gloves a million little bolts, 2 bloody knuckles, and half a dozen mixed and matched cuss words! and a partridge in a pear treeeeeeeeeee....dam truck!

next time pull the rad and grill and save yourself some time its quicker :D

IF you ever do a timing chain set be prepared to replace the pan gasket as well.. Ford loves those 3 piece gaskets that never seal and are pretty much destroyed when you pull the timing cover. And the auto parts places usually only carry the one piece pan gasket. That means looseining the motor mounts trans and jacking the motor UP to get the pan off to do the gasket. Been there done that and never wanna do it again. A total PITA in the driveway!!