Words ya hear when you're buying something:

Free Agent

The International Hotel in Vegas became the Las Vegas Hilton a while back.

They had a terrific $49 weekend package.

Room, meals,, show,, gaming bux, 25 cent craps, 50 cent blackjack, open comp bar,, all for $49 it was excellent.

I took advantage of it all the time. I lived at the beach, and took fine chix,and it was a cheap date.

One day they gave us tickets to the electronics show in town.

What the hey, we went.

The Las Vegas Sun Newspaper did an editorial that the City should quit hosting the electronics show because the shows visitors just drink Pepsi, and don't gamble or spend much money in the town.

I think it's one of the biggest annual Las Vegas shows today and the Las vegas Sun has pretty much folded.

Anyway, at the show, Sony was unveiling their Beta Max and Panasonic was debuting their VHS home recording systems.

A really big deal.

You could record off your TV, record your own home videos,, in color on top all that.

The state of the art then was home 8 MM movies.

Ya filmed with a 2 minute roll of 8 mm movie film, that you then took to the camera store or Fotomat and got developed. $5 for the film, $7 developing.

The Sony and Panasonic people told me when their systems would be available. When that time came about I went out to buy one.

The two huge camera stores in LA then were Henrys Camera, and Bel Air camera.

I went into Bel Air camera and the guy and the manager told me I could be fined up to a Million dollars and go to jail if I did home recordings.

"Home Video will never happen. It's unaffordable and highly illegal."

They then pushed the Minolta Super 8 zoom film movie camera my way and I balked and left.

A week later I bought the Panasonic VHS system at May Company.

I wanted to buy a mini truck that year too.

The salesman at Galpin Ford told me "You're dreamin' if you think you'll ever see a v6 or 4 wheel drive in a mini truck."

When the Yamaha 660 Raptor came out, our local Honda M/C dealer started talking up Hondas 1000 cc quad.

-"and all Raptors are Red Sticker" they told me. This was 2004. Haven't seen the TRX 1000 yet.

Never trust anyone selling ya something.

Any sales tales?

yeah...sorta..

I was asked one day by a shap dressed man when i was about 18 years old...

Man: hey you like camping?

me: yeah...

Man: you like hiking?

me: well yeah! (getting more excited)

Man: you like to shoot guns?

me: OH HELL YEAH!!

Man: well if you like to travel then sign here....

thats when i joined the army!....bastards!!! they got me!!! :lol:

i was at the local Can Am dealership a couple weeks ago picking up some parts for the cheese bomb

they had a 700XX on the showroom floor, and 3 guys were looking at it

"itll keep up with them big v8 rails" were the words i heard slip out of the salesmans mouth

:lol:

If you're talking about who I think sells Can Am here in Bako... Those guys are douche bags.

I went to Bullhead AZ Saturday to buy a new Can-Am. We made the deal on the phone, so I drove on down. When I get there, I notice they leave their quads outside all the time uncovered. This quad, which is a 2009, has rust, oxidation on the engine, cob webs up under it, and it's filthy dusty. I was shocked to say the least. He made it sound like he didn't know what I was talking about. So, I turned around and drove back home. Sunwest Xpress in Bullhead are Douche Bags!!!! :lol:

Edited by JoeDuner

We always come prepared to buy anything - trucks, cars, trailer, toys. I love when the car dealers try to sell you on payment - uhhh... I wasn't born yesterday! And yes, we negotiate off the invoice price (or the dealer plan - my company has those). The best was when Mark broke out his financial calculator at a car dealership. They tried to get us to buy on some crazy credit terms. Idiots!!! I walk when that happens!!! :D