Gathering info on Duramax/Powerstroke/Cummings

1BADYFZ

Morning all,

I am trying to create an online parts store here in my city and needed some help.

Was hoping I could ask for some help on getting info on what parts, fluids(tranny, differentials, transfer case) and other items needed that you are always picking up at the autopart shops for you trucks.

Looking for a variety of info on different diesel engines and different year trucks.

I am hoping you can list the year and make of the truck and some of the items you always purchase and the price. This way i can hopefully beat the price and carry the stuff truck owners need.

Also good info is any part or parts that are known for going out in a specefic diesel engine. Like my duramax is known for injectors issues and fuel housing issues..

Thanks, and anyone who helps will get a 10% discount on anything needed when the store is up..

Thanks for any help..Sam :laughing:

Edited by 1BADYFZ

06 Dodge - 5.9 Cummins

Oil

Rotella 5w40 syn or 15w40

Oil Filter

Fleetguard LF3894 or LF16035 < one has flutes on the bottom but cant remember what one ( i buy in bulk and forget...)

Fuel Filter

OEM

or

Fleetguard FS19856

Transmission / Transfer Case Fluid

ATF+4

Transmission Filter

OEM

Coolant

Mopar

37k miles on mine, and no issues (yet)... I've heard of guys having injector problems because of the fuel filters letting too much go by but have not has any problems...

Now if you want to get into steering issues....... :laughoff:

70k on my DMAX and no issues, other than the stupid blue rubber boot under the hood that joins the turbo tube.

06 cummins, just stock some transmissions lol

No bueno on tranny's in Dodges.......Mine is still going strong....... A Chevy friend of mine told me I could try blowing mine up like they do to the allisons though! :thumb::laughoff:

Great info guys, I really appreciate it.

Bought my domain name today. got lucky with a matching URL...

I am also Keeping track of the names for the 10% discount ..

Anyone know any info on shipping oil and transydn tranny fluid , I dont think you can ship SO i might have a pick up service but I can get it at a great price..I believe the oil is Mobile 1 for heavy duty rigs..

O-ring kits... Had i seen the kit from dieselorings.com for my ford i would have rebuilt the whole fuel bowl and hpop in one shot and cheaper than the stupid little drain valve that i ended up replacing w/ ford parts.

Great info guys, I really appreciate it.

Bought my domain name today. got lucky with a matching URL...

I am also Keeping track of the names for the 10% discount ..

Anyone know any info on shipping oil and transydn tranny fluid , I dont think you can ship SO i might have a pick up service but I can get it at a great price..I believe the oil is Mobile 1 for heavy duty rigs..

Onieda Suzuki ships oil, but I don't remember the carrier.