Looking for Camp fire wood!

sandawg

I have always been able to find lots of construction in town. Not any more!

Any one that know where there are tracts that are going up especially in the framing stage or small or large commercial sites that are in the framing stage let me know! Preferably in the South East side of town or Henderson especially. North or N/W side if there big!

I pick up all the excess wood that is going to be thrown away (without nails) bring it home and cut it to size. I had a two year supply but it all gone now. It's against my budget to buy wood.......I was spoiled. I haven't had to buy fire wood for over twenty years. :xmas2:

Bought several bundles for the last trip and it was pine and burned so quick it was pathetic. :(

Let me know if you see anything that looks good for me!!!

I may have to buy a chain saw and hit the forest up for free wood!!!

Just can't camp without a nice fire every night!!!!!

Thanks a lot

:thumb:

come on now pat you know we burn everything from wood to tv's.

We don't burn TV's.....But there is a certain individual that shall remain unnamed, thankfully.... that is not on this site!!!!! :thumb: :xmas2:

lets ask everyone whats the oddest thing that has been burned at their camp.

This could be interesting.....

And if you can't keep track of your own front door you have a problems in addition to the ones we already know about!!!! :dope::laughoff:

BTW, Rick where are you camping New Years????

i know you dont want to buy it but there was a guy on craigslist that i was getting firewod from last season, he was out off of racetrack in hendo. he was a landscpaer or something and had a backyard full of different kinds of cut trees, all cut down to perfect size. he would fill up your truck bed for 50 bucks. not free but cheap for sure :xmas2:

i know you dont want to buy it but there was a guy on craigslist that i was getting firewod from last season, he was out off of racetrack in hendo. he was a landscpaer or something and had a backyard full of different kinds of cut trees, all cut down to perfect size. he would fill up your truck bed for 50 bucks. not free but cheap for sure :xmas2:

Thanks///Right down the street form me/

This could be interesting.....

And if you can't keep track of your own front door you have a problems in addition to the ones we already know about!!!! :xmas2: :thumb:

BTW, Rick where are you camping New Years????

i dont have anyone that im camping with yet, i will go from fri to mon== 4days woohoo.

you gonna go yes.

i dont have anyone that im camping with yet, i will go from fri to mon== 4days woohoo.

you gonna go yes.

When I cut my pine down in front of my house, the tree trimmers (the tree amigos) offered me all the wood I wanted for free... they stack it outside their yard on Hacienda just west of Rainbow... Not really sure if this is still the case, but it wouldn't hurt to check out if you are in that area.

When I cut my pine down in front of my house, the tree trimmers (the tree amigos) offered me all the wood I wanted for free... they stack it outside their yard on Hacienda just west of Rainbow... Not really sure if this is still the case, but it wouldn't hurt to check out if you are in that area.

that might work, thanks :lol:

I have always been able to find lots of construction in town. Not any more!

Any one that know where there are tracts that are going up especially in the framing stage or small or large commercial sites that are in the framing stage let me know! Preferably in the South East side of town or Henderson especially. North or N/W side if there big!

I pick up all the excess wood that is going to be thrown away (without nails) bring it home and cut it to size. I had a two year supply but it all gone now. It's against my budget to buy wood.......I was spoiled. I haven't had to buy fire wood for over twenty years. :xmas_grin:

Bought several bundles for the last trip and it was pine and burned so quick it was pathetic. :(

Let me know if you see anything that looks good for me!!!

I may have to buy a chain saw and hit the forest up for free wood!!!

Just can't camp without a nice fire every night!!!!!

Thanks a lot

:dope:

Well, I had to drive from my house near College and 95 all the way to Cactus and Southern Highlands Dr. in order to find some houses being framed to get some fire wood. Damn I am glad I retired 2 years ago since I was in the construction field. I can't imagine how many construction workers are out of work right now..

It's really sad for them and all related jobs in construction.

The good news is that I now have enough fire wood for Dumont for at least 3 or 4 trips.

I need to keep looking as I used to have a two year supply.

the search goes on!

:laughoff: