Coming To Dumont For The First Time

Time2Dune

I’m going out Las Vegas for New Years, I was thinking about going out to Dumont for a day to check it out. I’ve never been to Dumont before I have always gone to Glamis. I was thinking about loading the rhino up or maybe the buggy and make a quick run out their to check out the sand.

Are their certain hills that people crowed to?

Are their any sites that I should check out?

Where is a good place to park for the day? I think the wife and kid are coming so I would like a spot not to crazy.

Any help or ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks

Dumont is a bit different than Glamis when it comes to places to park. It's just one big camp area. Just pull up and park wherever you feel comfortable. There are some small finger dunes you can park up against where many other usually park or you can go out far away from others the farther out you drive away from the dunes.

Comp hill always has a crowd. The north pole is a place of interest since it is at the north tip of teh dunes. It's kind of a desitination to meet up after a dune ride. Dumont is much smaller than Glamis so it's no challange to get to if you are used to G. Other than those 2 main gathering spots, there aren't many other popular places. There's a memorial hill at the south end of the dunes that overlooks the camp area where people have placed crosses and memorials. There's also some old mines that people visit, but they aren't anywhere near the sand.

Just go out there, park, and go duning/ exploring. The dunes aren't very hard to navigate through and it's pretty hard to get lost out there. Keep in mind there are boundaries on the outskirts of the dunes that are off limits so pay attention to closed route markers although there are few.

Have fun :booty:

Dumont is a bit different than Glamis when it comes to places to park. It's just one big camp area. Just pull up and park wherever you feel comfortable. There are some small finger dunes you can park up against where many other usually park or you can go out far away from others the farther out you drive away from the dunes.

Comp hill always has a crowd. The north pole is a place of interest since it is at the north tip of teh dunes. It's kind of a desitination to meet up after a dune ride. Dumont is much smaller than Glamis so it's no challange to get to if you are used to G. Other than those 2 main gathering spots, there aren't many other popular places. There's a memorial hill at the south end of the dunes that overlooks the camp area where people have placed crosses and memorials. There's also some old mines that people visit, but they aren't anywhere near the sand.

Just go out there, park, and go duning/ exploring. The dunes aren't very hard to navigate through and it's pretty hard to get lost out there. Keep in mind there are boundaries on the outskirts of the dunes that are off limits so pay attention to closed route markers although there are few.

Have fun :booty:

Sounds good, Thanks for the info

I wouldn't bother. It's pretty much a waste of time. I would just stay in Vegas and have a good time. Glamis is the place to go. If your use to Glamis, Dumont is just way too small. Just keep going to Glamis and forget about Dumont.