Would you if you could?

HarleyR

If a trans were avalible for any level HP car out there say 300 to 1000+ that utilized Competition proven compontes from Nextel Cup and drag racing( I know Mendeola uses G Force sliders and face plates) was so easy to work on having to pay MFG for service was not needed there are over 200 gear ratios avalibe to suit N/A as well as turbo apps it would be a 4 speed unit with an avalivble O.D ... Since I moved to NC I have some free time on my hands and have been thinking/sketching up some Ideas along with a friend who runs Solidworks programs... maybe someday something like this could free me from my east coast exile...

If a trans were avalible for any level HP car out there say 300 to 1000+ that utilized Competition proven compontes from Nextel Cup and drag racing( I know Mendeola uses G Force sliders and face plates) was so easy to work on having to pay MFG for service was not needed there are over 200 gear ratios avalibe to suit N/A as well as turbo apps it would be a 4 speed unit with an avalivble O.D ... Since I moved to NC I have some free time on my hands and have been thinking/sketching up some Ideas along with a friend who runs Solidworks programs... maybe someday something like this could free me from my east coast exile...

let me guess ....... :laughing:

a Jerico on a Quick change ?!? :headbang: ...that would be sweet :thumbsdown:

No jerico's or quick changes....Same kind of idea though the technology in a Jerico is based on an old ford top loader which would make that older than many of us on this site...

No jerico's or quick changes....Same kind of idea though the technology in a Jerico is based on an old ford top loader which would make that older than many of us on this site...

here is what i would do if i had the $$ and any interest in building something for the "rear engine guys";

cast a transaxle case that uses a 10" Torque converter, the planetary gearset of a full manual TH400 (1000-1800hp and 900-1600lbs torque ratet 3 speed auto) or a 4STB (a 900hp and 750lbs torque ratet 4 speed overdrive auto) and the R&P (including the pinion support bearing) of a Quick change (10") or a Ford 9"...

no chlutch to worry and easy to shift (short throw sequential "Pro Ratchet" shifter with HD "morse" cable)

...would be almost bullet proof :headbang: .....but a lot of transmission repair shops would go out of business (the ones that make a living fixing the POS transaxles that are on the market right now :thumbsdown: )

...just my 2 cents :laughing:

Edited by spooner

here is what i would do if i had the $$ and any interest in building something for the "rear engine guys";

cast a transaxle case that uses a 10" Torque converter, the planetary gearset of a full manual TH400 (1000-1800hp and 900-1600lbs torque ratet 3 speed auto) or a 4STB (a 900hp and 750lbs torque ratet 4 speed overdrive auto) and the R&P (including the pinion support bearing) of a Quick change (10") or a Ford 9"...

no chlutch to worry and easy to shift (short throw sequential "Pro Ratchet" shifter with HD "morse" cable)

...would be almost bullet proof :dunno: .....but a lot of transmission repair shops would go out of business (the ones that make a living fixing the POS transaxles that are on the market right now :thumbsdown: )

That would be the transmission to have. ONLY IF? :headbang:

...would be almost bullet proof :dunno: .....but a lot of transmission repair shops would go out of business (the ones that make a living fixing the POS transaxles that are on the market right now :rockon: )

IF YOU BUILD IT, THEY WILL COME!!!!! :rockon:

• 2 weeks later...

I can see where your comming from on the auto based idea.. But myself being a true gear head I would prefer the options avalible with a manual box not to mention an automatic trans scares the crap out of some people when it comes repair time..Also the abality to taylor ratio sets which im sure alot of people do already would be a big plus ...