6 volt vs 12 volt

mineurbiz

OK, i am going to trade one in for a core and get 2 trojan 6v batteries or some 6v centennial batteries.

the trojans are 115 with the core and the centenniel batteries are 100each with core. should I pay the extra for the trojans?

they seem to be very popular battery..

thanks guys

Edited by 1BADYFZ

I am running 2 12volt 170 amp gel cell batteries out of a cell tower and they have a 15year battery life and no maintenance. They will run the inverter for 15 hours with a TV and lights on the only draw back is they weigh 135lbs each.

Just picked up some Trojans t-105's for 100 a piece, I know a battery guy at my wifes work that hooked me up..

May have another 2 for 110 a piece if anyone is interested, tried to get them at a 100$ but he needs some gas money..no core required.

I will update if its a go for anyone interested..

Do u have 2 batts or 4? The way you hook them up you make them do 12 volts. N need fir a separate 12 v batt

fir? i thought we were talking batteries lol

I do not have experience with my 6 v taking a dump, but one, out of the blue, wont go on you. Both, if at all, will go. Everyone I know with 6v haven't had a problem firing up their genny with them. I have 2 is series, like the diagram in this thread

I am running 2 12volt 170 amp gel cell batteries out of a cell tower and they have a 15year battery life and no maintenance. They will run the inverter for 15 hours with a TV and lights on the only draw back is they weigh 135lbs each.

I saw that chit....jezuz Brian :laughing: You could power Shoshone for a couple hours with your setup

They negotiate. I picked up 4 for 215 each.

Im sure the 4cts are quite a bit less.

The 6cts are 90 lbs each. I had to weld up support bracing just to handle the weight.

Im running these bad boys. They are the chit!!!! I have not seen the volts go below 12 and that's running a huge 50" tv, lights etc and the heater.

Be sure your battery box can handle them tho they weigh over 90 a piece. That's 360 lbs of batts!!!!

Here's the specs for these batts

Lifeline Battery

Minutes of Discharge

25 Amps. 15 Amps. 8 Amps

692 1200. 2205

That's just crazy!!!

OH and thnx 80 grit for the heads up on these!!

• 2 weeks later...

Picked up my trojan 6v batteries for a trip to the desert and they worked flawless, 3 days with the heater running at night and not a single loss in battery power. My gage on the trailer dident move and the generator started everytime.

One question I had on the generator..

When I try to start it from the inside it doesent seem that the gen kicks over fully, but if I go outside and help the throttle arm by pushing up on it , it fires right up. I am thinking the arm may need some wd-40 or is their more power needed to really pulll and open that throttle up all the way from the inside start button.

I just have to push a bit for it to kick over, I am thinking it needs some lube

Edited by 1BADYFZ

Picked up my trojan 6v batteries for a trip to the desert and they worked flawless, 3 days with the heater running at night and not a single loss in battery power. My gage on the trailer dident move and the generator started everytime.

One question I had on the generator..

When I try to start it from the inside it doesent seem that the gen kicks over fully, but if I go outside and help the throttle arm by pushing up on it , it fires right up. I am thinking the arm may need some wd-40 or is their more power needed to really pulll and open that throttle up all the way from the inside start button.

I just have to push a bit for it to kick over, I am thinking it needs some lube

Be very careful with that throttle arm. I was was told by Ken at Johnny Walker RV that you could do damage to your electrical system if you force it higher rpm. Shut off your main breakers first if you do that.

I will have to take a look, I will take a pic of it and let you know what I am talking about.

It's just like the lever that a car has when you can rev it up from inside of the engine, not sure on the spring.

Pete I am not really messing with that, I just guide the arm up a bit more to open it for starting purposes, once it fires up it's at normal idle. If that is the same thing you are talking about I will be carefull for sure.