Need an answer FAST

rushjunkie

Found what seems to be a good deal on a 70. Problem is the bike has no title. They would provide bill of sale only. Ran a DMV report at work and VIN comes back as non-existing with CA DMV. Called CHP and they said they can't tell me whether it's stolen or not. I like to have all my bikes registered and titled. Am i going to have a hard time registering this thing in CA?

Well,

If you've ever dealt with the DMV then you should know the answer. :blink:

Last year I registered my ATC70 and had no title, I had to take it to the DMV for a visual inspection. Fill out several forms. turn in the bill of sale, etc.

It actually wasn't too bad once I convinced the lady that it IS a motorcycle. That took about 10 minutes cuz she didn't think it was a CYCLE. I was like ummmm 'All Terrain Cycle' lady :ban-split:

Most important thing is be sure it's not HOT (stolen).

Do what you can to get the seller to write up a guaranteed refund if it gets confiscated during titling.

Good luck,

R-

:atc:

What i found was it was best to register bike with original motor. i had to go to DMV fill out paper work and pay $75.00 then go to CHP from there they validated the motor wasn't the correct motor and i had to get a bill of sale from there i went back to CHP validated info again then back to DMV and i was done. Its allot of running around and time consuming but do able.