what size chain for a crf450

Scadigan

looking to get a new chain and was wondering what size i needed i think i need a 520 but what length do i need and should i get an o ring chain? iv always used o rings and they seem to work well but idk what do you guys think?

I have always gone with the X-ring chains and have had great luck. O-ring chains are just about as good.

Your bike uses a 520 chain. You can buy the factory length chain from places like Rockymountainatv.com and it will ask you to input the year, make and model bike. Or you can buy a 120 link chain and cut it down. Just count how many links you have now and buy that size if you aren't changing sprocket sizes.

I prefer RK520XSO chains.. Thats what i have gotten for dunefreak in the past for the sandcar and for the quads and they hold up quite well :D I have had one on my CR500 for 3 seasons and it was still in great shape when i sold the bike :D They can be had for less than 100 bucks if you pay cash at thumpertalk :D

I prefer RK520XSO chains.. Thats what i have gotten for dunefreak in the past for the sandcar and for the quads and they hold up quite well :D I have had one on my CR500 for 3 seasons and it was still in great shape when i sold the bike :D They can be had for less than 100 bucks if you pay cash at thumpertalk :D

520XSO is an X-ring chain

alright thanks i am in utah and my bike is in pahrump and figured i would pick up a chain before i head home but i had no idea what length the chain was thanks guys for the help

• 4 weeks later...

The Honda CRF 450 F is a 4 stroke, Motocross bike with a Liquid cooled 449.00 ccm (27,26 cubic inches) Single cylinder, 4 Valve type of engine. Hondas tend to run what appears to be a tighter chain than most other scooters. The Honda 450's like the chain a tad tighter than you would think.