Rhino or RZR questions

las vegas duner

Looking for similar info also..

What do 4 seat rhinos need to be safe when towing family around the dunes..

Thanks

to be sold.... :laughing:

i have about 100hrs on my RZR, not any problems yet. The only aftermarket things I have done to it is, tunes, and Filter

to be sold.... :laughing:

i have about 100hrs on my RZR, not any problems yet. The only aftermarket things I have done to it is, tunes, and Filter

for a 4 seat rhino set up a roll cage obvious, i have 5 point set up in my rhino and a child car seat for my 2 yr old, and there snug as a bug...and most of all common sense, i dont do anything to risky with them in the back. But im not too crazy to begin with anyways...

How many hours or miles before problems on a used one?

What aftermarket parts are needed to be able to get around in the dunes?

4 seat rzr do they have enough hp?

It really depends on the previous owner. I think a lot of people hammer there rides to death, because they have little power so they just do silly things to make them go faster and stuff like that. I love my rhino, but in honesty if it is for 2 people or less then go with the rzr-s , i heard that they do well in the dunes. I get very disapointed when i take my rhino in the dunes everytime...there not a sandrail, that for sure....hope this can help...

4 seat rzr's do fine

paddles and buffs help it alot in the sand

harnesses instead of seat belts

Ive seen rzrs blow up on their first trip out and I know of ones that have never had a issue....just like any vehicle....that said rhinos are still the most "durable" sxs out. IMO

How many hours or miles before problems on a used one?

What aftermarket parts are needed to be able to get around in the dunes?

4 seat rzr do they have enough hp?

Between all my friends I ride with and my rzr, we havn't come across any major issues. The rzr stock engine is very reliable as long as the people who owned the rzr before you did all the regular scheduled maintenance. (oil changing, air filter cleaning) There are a couple of things you need for the sand. Safety is key. You need to have at least 4 point harnesses for all four seats. If you change your tires to Skat Traks, you will hook up better in the sand and you will also shave off unwanted weight. My friend has a 4 and gets around great with the Skats.

Between all my friends I ride with and my rzr, we havn't come across any major issues. The rzr stock engine is very reliable as long as the people who owned the rzr before you did all the regular scheduled maintenance. (oil changing, air filter cleaning) There are a couple of things you need for the sand. Safety is key. You need to have at least 4 point harnesses for all four seats. If you change your tires to Skat Traks, you will hook up better in the sand and you will also shave off unwanted weight. My friend has a 4 and gets around great with the Skates.

Thanks for all the info. :laughing:

It is for daughter and she decided on a 4 seat rhino.

What mods need to be done to the motor??

What about spacers and suspension?

Thanks for all the info. :laughing:

It is for daughter and she decided on a 4 seat rhino.

What mods need to be done to the motor??

What about spacers and suspension?

leave the motor alone, you can change the stock air filter and maybe a new cdi box, makes the top end speed a little higher, and maybe new springs for the clutch ( duners kit ) that what they call it..does it make a differance, i really dont think so....and if you want to do suspention, get walker evans shocks or even do a mid travel kit if you want...i run mine stock and it is fine....If you want a lot of info go to www.rhinotalk.net and they have a lot of info on mods and trouble shooting...

good advice^^^^

go with a aftermarket shock and spacers and it will do anything...if you buy the right ones(wer, fox, bilstein) you can order a mid travel kit +3

(lsr, xmf, magnum) later for it

engine/performance do's;

cdi, clutch, exhaust, air filter/intake, maybe a mild cam....all bolt on dont go into the engine until you have too!

good advice^^^^

go with a aftermarket shock and spacers and it will do anything...if you buy the right ones(were, fox, bilstein) you can order a mid travel kit +3

(lsr, xmf, magnum) later for it

engine/performance do's;

cdi, clutch, exhaust, air filter/intake, maybe a mild cam....all bolt on dont go into the engine until you have too!

Is there a big difference in 660 vs 700

We have a 700 Rhino that has the back seats and cage to tote the little ones, I do love it!! It goes everywhere I have pointed, that being said. THE STOCK SUSPENSION SUCKS!!! Like it was posted earlier get a mid travel kit when the $$$$$ allow, I will be doin this hopefully this winter between trips.

But all in all they are a ball and no it may not be a sand rail but you can have a ball in the sand with them. Also get paddles for the rear, doin that mod alone will make for a far better weekend!!

Edited by CyNick