Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

I am in the market and came across this 2010 Razr S with a bench seat to hold I am sure 2 smaller kids/adults.

I have never seen this done and my concern is the tipping issue and the powewr issue with adding another seat and 2 more passengers..

Is the cage built well and safe for my 2 kids to sit back there once some better seat belts are installed and from the pics what additional safty or bracing will be needed if any?..

I thik this set up is allot better for my needs and the extra width should make it nice and stable in the dunes and on hills compared to the new 4 seat Razr

used-2010-polaris-ranger_rzr-s-5234-6013552-5-6401.jpg

used-2010-polaris-ranger_rzr-s-5234-6013552-4-6401.jpg

used-2010-polaris-ranger_rzr-s-5234-6013552-3-6401.jpg

used-2010-polaris-ranger_rzr-s-5234-6013552-2-6401.jpg

used-2010-polaris-ranger_rzr-s-5234-6013552-6-6401.jpg

Posted

there is no room back there in that set up. your kids would have to be small and the only way i see a adult back there is laying sideways. a adult would hit his head and have his knees by his ears trying to sit.

It looks cool but the rzr 4 would be safer and roomier. and everyone that i have talked to that has the rzr4 loved it.

Posted (edited)

as far as speed ...same engine as the 4.. so good there

the cage build leaves alot to be desired like some support for the A pillars...if you roll it end over end(otb) that cage is coming down on the driver and passenger for sure....

has long travel so your fine there(same as 4)

def. small kids only...too me it DOES look a lil top heavy, when you do that in a rhino your down in the bed not up on top...seat is fine just needs harnesses...

Edited by Bryan M
Posted

My kids are 4 & 7 so that might work out..

This might take the place of quads for all of us, that is what I am trying to figure out what I want to do. I could get out some cash and buy us all newer used quads and be happy..

The cage builder I am not sure of as these are for sale in Utah at a truck dealership..

So the question is? - Quads for us all or a Razr S for the family..!

Posted

for me, with kids, I would do both...quads for the kids, and the rzr for the adults. I have a ranger. with a rear view mirror, i like taking the kids out for a ride in the ranger over my quad any day...with the kids on quads....i call my ranger the babysitter

Posted (edited)

i saw that razor when i was up there for a job last month, clean looking but i did not get up close to it I was actually looking at the wheels and tires the guy had on the 5er behind, it was really slick with the suspension and leaf gusseted and upgraded, i dont dig that cage at all the rear seat sits up way hi, not very much room. Just depends, i would not be doin much duning with the kids back there but thats me..but all in all it looked like a nice ride.

Edited by mush
Posted

My kids are 4 & 7 so that might work out..

This might take the place of quads for all of us, that is what I am trying to figure out what I want to do. I could get out some cash and buy us all newer used quads and be happy..

The cage builder I am not sure of as these are for sale in Utah at a truck dealership..

So the question is? - Quads for us all or a Razr S for the family..!

The question comes down to is, Are you willing to test the roll cage and this set-up with your children's lives?

Not trying to be a d*ck but why would you even consider putting your children back there in a non factory , who knows who built cage on a vehicle designed to carry 2 people only? The Rzr 4 is longer and tested for 4 passengers. Sorry it would be an easy decision for me.

Posted

The question comes down to is, Are you willing to test the roll cage and this set-up with your children's lives?

Not trying to be a d*ck but why would you even consider putting your children back there in a non factory , who knows who built cage on a vehicle designed to carry 2 people only? The Rzr 4 is longer and tested for 4 passengers. Sorry it would be an easy decision for me.

I appreciate the honesty, that is why this topic was started in the first place becasue I am very limited on the knowledge of these razr's ..

I do not want to be the crash dummie on this one and brought it up cuz this is the first 4 seat set I have seen on a 2 seat razr and I wondered the same thing..I guess its some what better on the rhino since the bed is there and kinda puts you at a level height like the driver..

At this point I still need to ride an atv, I am not at the age where a single razr will do, I need a stabe of quads and could probably get a stable with the amount I would spend on 1 razr..

Thanks guys

  • 2 weeks later...
Posted

For the same price as a rzr you can get a decent mid travel rail........

You want a side by side.......for four......go get a samurai or a tracker.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • VIP RV

×
×
  • Create New...