im in the wrong business!

SKINNER

so an office i do service in, had a 1 1/2 water line in the mechanical room break sometime during the weekend, and on monday mornig they showed up to find water coming out the front door! 3 inches of standing water, in a 2700 sq ft office, wall to wall to wall to wall. so when i arrive to remove some damaged equipment, there is a company there, removing the water and placing floor dryers in the office. this company had truck mounted vacs to get the bulk of the water out, then they placed 38! floor dryers, and 3 de-humidifiers in the building. the floor dryers and de-humidifiers were rented to the office by the day for monday and tuesday, the company plugged them, and set them on the floor throughout the office for 48 hours. here is why i am in the wrong business!

EACH floor dryer..... 200 dollars per 24 hour period!

EACH de-humidifier....400 dollars per 24 hour period!

2 DAYS!= 17600.00!!!!!!!

and the kicker on top of that, i looked on airmovers.com.....the dryers range from 159.00 to 249.00 for the ones they had there!

post-5063-058290200 1286414386_thumb.jpg

How it works around here is the plumber calls the company out to remove water / water damaged drywall etc before the insurance adjustor gets out there, they tear into it good. Plumber will get a kick back when all is said and done. Good gig for sure, throw out "Mold eradication" then you are into the big bucks....

I wanna know how the hell that lady is on the phone with all that crap running? dayum.giflaughing.gif

haha....they wernt running at the time of the pic, they had put them all in the waiting room cuz the company was on the way to pick them up.

oh .... did i miss the sarcasm!...lol.

:booty:

Edited by SKINNER