rv stores are a rip off

goodguys75

so my fuel filter on my onan gen is leaking, so i call a few rv places and they want like 17-18$ for the fuel filter....then i call cummins on losee and they had one for 12$ and I bought some extra fuel filters and oil filters for my dodge truck....these rv places got ya by the balls if you need something asap.....there are such a joke....now I feel better...more money in my pocket for the drags next week..... :ban-split:

so my fuel filter on my onan gen is leaking, so i call a few rv places and they want like 17-18$ for the fuel filter....then i call cummins on losee and they had one for 12$ and I bought some extra fuel filters and oil filters for my dodge truck....these rv places got ya by the balls if you need something asap.....there are such a joke....now I feel better...more money in my pocket for the drags next week..... :ban-split:

Where you live? Would cost me 18$ just to get there and another 12$ for the filter.. I see no scam:dunno:

Capt

• 3 weeks later...

you just gotta know which atv shop to go to :D... Champion for those of us down south and thumpertalk for those of u on the north side. BOTH have great pricing for here. Let Champion know your a ddr member and he will take care of you. Thumpertalk gives the same locals price regardless of website affiliation. bad part about thumpertalk is its CASH only for the special price.

I did away with my 2 filters on my marquee gold 5500. Onan recommends to use an eliminator kit for one of the filters as it's not needed, that kit is like 22.00 or something. Then the same with the filter as stated above. I headed over to hoseman, bought two 1/8" threaded hose barbs (3.00)and did away with both filters. I used one of the clear gas racing filter with the replaceable screens before the fuel pump and was good to go. No more getting screwed on the filters. Now I can at least see what the fuel looks like and/or if fuel is getting to the gen.

you just gotta know which atv shop to go to :D... Champion for those of us down south and thumpertalk for those of u on the north side. BOTH have great pricing for here. Let Champion know your a ddr member and he will take care of you. Thumpertalk gives the same locals price regardless of website affiliation. bad part about thumpertalk is its CASH only for the special price.

I have been in Champion several times and bought a few parts. The guys (owner) attiude towards Dumont users sucks though. He thinks all the Dumont users are stupid drunks (his words not mine) Guy really turned me off and when I tried to explain what DDr and FoDD were doing to alter the perceptiuon that it's a party place and that it's by far more a family place he turned around and walked away from me. I thought he was rude and I won't go there for parts anymore.