Anyone familiar with Litle Sahara

sandawg

I'm thinking about making a 3 week trip to Little Sahara, Saint Anthony, BLM campground to arive on a Sunday and Winchester bay Oregon in July. since I have never been to Little Sahara where is the best place to camp so I can enjoy my little rail up there. I understand there are several areas to camp but some are better than others for rails.

Thanks,

Pat

P.S. If anyone else might like to make the trip or part or parts of the trip let me know. That will help me make my decision. Winchester Bay, Discovery Point, is already pretty much filled up for July but I'm trying to make it work! FYI, from Vegas to Sahara one day travel and to ST Anthony from Little Sahara 1 day. From St Anthony 2 lite travel days to Winchester Bay and 2 days to Vegas. Add about 1 or 2 days from La Area.

Last minute change, decided to catch Lill Sahara on another trip, so just ST Anthony and Oregon this time!

Edited by SANDAWG

There is a campground, but it's a little bit of a drive through the white sands area which sort of takes forever to get through because you can't go too fast. It's all very small/ technical stuff. We've always camped at Sand Mountain. That camp area is great!

That sounds like an awsome trip. Little Sahara looks like an killer place to ride. Would also love to make a trip up to Winchester and Coos Bay. Someday when I get the hauler and truck of my dreams, I will make a trip like this. Good luck on the trip and get back to us with a trip report. :beercheers:

Damn it, Pat. Ever since you posted this topic, the only thing that has been on my mind is Little Sahara! :flipoff:laughing.gif

I'm looking back at the pics from our last trip there and I want to go back so bad! That place is alot of fun.

http://www.dumontdun...showtopic=11732

Gee.....I'm sorry pete......NOT!! Get off your arse and go! :stirthepot::undecided:

Damn it, Pat. Ever since you posted this topic, the only thing that has been on my mind is Little Sahara! :flipoff:laughing.gif

I'm looking back at the pics from our last trip there and I want to go back so bad! That place is alot of fun.

http://www.dumontdun...showtopic=11732

This trip rocked. I want to make another trip to a different place this summer. I have not been to Coral, St anthony or Winchester bay. Lets do this.:beercheers:

This trip rocked. I want to make another trip to a different place this summer. I have not been to Coral, St anthony or Winchester bay. Lets do this.:beercheers:

If work permits, Coral is next on my list for trips. Just not sure when yet. I will definitely let you know if I get a trip planned, Jakster! beercheers.gif

If work permits, Coral is next on my list for trips. Just not sure when yet. I will definitely let you know if I get a trip planned, Jakster! beercheers.gif

Coral Pink is beautifull and is great for small rails and quads. You camp in the state campground and live by unreasonable rules or camp in the "Meadows" and have a great time. I haven't been there for a couple of years but am going to make a trip this year, probably in May but not on Memorial Day Weekend. It's just to crowded!

There are trees there, something I am not use to living in Vagas......Rocks, heat and neighbors that are too busy sorking to take tirps!!!!!! Right Pete???????? :beercheers::headbang1::laughing:

:old:

Coral Pink is beautifull and is great for small rails and quads. You camp in the state campground and live by unreasonable rules or camp in the "Meadows" and have a great time. I haven't been there for a couple of years but am going to make a trip this year, probably in May but not on Memorial Day Weekend. It's just to crowded!

There are trees there, something I am not use to living in Vagas......Rocks, heat and neighbors that are too busy sorking to take tirps!!!!!! Right Pete???????? :beercheers::headbang1::laughing:

:old:

Not sure how many years it's been for you, but last time I saw a crowded holiday weekend was over 3-4 years ago. I think the economy has rid Coral of the crowds no matter what weekend you are talking these days. :grin:

Not sure how many years it's been for you, but last time I saw a crowded holiday weekend was over 3-4 years ago. I think the economy has rid Coral of the crowds no matter what weekend you are talking these days. :grin:

seems like you guys are giving up on Dumont a little early aren't you? Next weekends forecast;http://www.accuweather.com/us/ca/shoshone/92384/forecast-details.asp?fday=9

I'd like to get at least one more trip to Dumont in, anyone else?

seems like you guys are giving up on Dumont a little early aren't you? Next weekends forecast;http://www.accuweather.com/us/ca/shoshone/92384/forecast-details.asp?fday=9

Our group is going out Easter Weekend. right now my tranny is at RC geting some up grades and the motor is in the shop getting re-done....... A couple of weeks and I'll be making a day trip to test everything for Easter!!

Not necessarily but it's been a rough couple weeks at work so I might be done for the next month which brings us to hotter weather. I'd love to make one more trip. I have some race fuel just waiting to be burned.

Not necessarily but it's been a rough couple weeks at work so I might be done for the next month which brings us to hotter weather. I'd love to make one more trip. I have some race fuel just waiting to be burned.

Can't Anna just get a couple more jobs!!!! :stirthepot::beercheers: