GO PRO

andydew

Happy birthday to me :yiah:

My wifey got me a go pro hero :yiah:

It just got delivered today. I still have to pick up a memory card for it, but I got to thinkin; how do I upload and edit some killer lil' movies? Never done this before; my last video camera was a high 8mm :laughing: . What programs/ editing software are available? What works, what don't/ what do you like?

I'm so excited. I gotta get one more dune trip in , NOW!!!

but then...wakeboard mounts, and tube run mounts, and r/c plane mounts :woopitydoo:

I have the same Camera, I also use a Flip camera. There are tons of programs out there from $99 to $1,000 plus.

I use Sony vegas 9 and it's about a $499 program I think. But I have also used Vegas Movie Studio Platinum (about $99). No, the programs really don't have anything to so with Las Vegas, it's just the name.

The higher level the program the more you can do with it basically. Most of the transition and text options will be generally the same but you can do more layering of the videos, stretching, and music add-ins with the higher programs.

make sure you get a decent Memory card. They say to use a Class 4 or higher. I have a 16gig now and record on 720P - 60fs.

Also, DON'T TRUST THE SUCTION CUP. I lost my first hero when the suction cup let go, and i think someone found it.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the info!

I got 2 16 gig cards. I used it this weekend at Glamis; filled up one card...SO AWESOME! Plugged it into the big screen when we got home to see what I got. SO COOL! I found myself leaning in front of the tv :laughing: I mounted it in 6 different positions, for some interesting vids. I did use the suction cup, but upon your advise, I zip tied the whole assembly to the car just in case.

I had so much fun with the go pro, I forgot to get out the still camera :dope:

That was my season closer, so I have the summer to figure out the editing. I ordered up the sony software tonight. I'll share what I get when I get it all dialed in.

The Go pro is good. I have many hours of video. I usually just edit down the jump spots. Check out my Youtube if you want to see some of my videos. My Youtube

Looks like you're off to a good start with this stuff. You got me again, on your Dumont vid, when you added the PIP up in the corner...totally thought that other guy was gonna clip ya :dayum: Not only that, but in your nellis video, you got off your bike, ran over and moved the other one...I thought you were still riding; thought you were gonna crash right into that parked quad :laughing:

good stuff man :beercheers:

I wanna see some video from that. I am not sure about all this 3D stuff, TVs, and Games and all. I read the Gopro system comes with editing software and stuff to. Sounds really cool.

I only have one camera right now, so I would have to get a second.

The new 3D system is sweet. Just got mine this morning. I highly recomend it for the extra $100.