I WOULD KEEP ALL RACING POST'S ON A NEED TO KNOW!

sfvmike

BLM, SHERIFFS ,AND RANGERS ALL ARE WATCHING FOR POSTINGS ABOUT NOT PERMITTED RACING THAT MEANS ANY RACE ORGANIZED BY ANYBODY ANYWHERE EVEN LEGAL RIDING AREAS THAT YOU DON'T HAVE A GOVERNMENT PERMIT OF SOME SORT FOR IS CONSIDERED ILLEGAL.IT'S SUCH BULLSHIT IT'S JUST ANOTHER EXCUSE TO WRITE TICKETS AND TAKE A LITTLE MORE OF OUR RIGHTS!!!!!!!! RIVERSIDE WASH DRAG RACERS ALL GOT BUSTED AND TICKETED SUNDAY BY SHERIFFS DEPT THE RACE GOT POSTED ON THE INTERNET AND THEN BUSTED BY COPS ALOT OF RACERS CAME ALL THE WAY FROM AZ. TO RACE AND DIDN'T EVEN GET TO UNLOAD THERE BIKES AND STILL GOT TICKETED EVEN THOUGH THEY DIDNT EVEN UNLOAD THERE BIKES.

that sucks, but if you are going to organize a drag race, advertise it, and all why wouldn't someone get the proper permits for a function?

Sometimes offroaders are our own worst enemies is all i am trying to say, no disrepect to you Mike.

it wasn't an organized race just a bunch of local cali racers that race in a wash in riverside calling out all racers on atv drag website who want to race just for fun and of course bragging rights!!you do see some good races there at least you used to be able to i wouldn't go there now unless you like getting your car searched and ticketed check it out on you tube! "rub dubs riverside wash race" and "north shore drags"

It is no secret the BLM watches the forums. They have been doing it for years. Hell, we even have some BLM and San Bern Sheriff Dept as members on here.

As far as the BLM's definition of "organized event", it is usually based on how involved it is and how big of a crowd it brings. Also whether or not everyone that shows will be playing by all the rules determines if they send out rangers.

What were they ticketed for?

Last year they were really cool about it, just asking people to put a light on their bikes, it would be a shame if everyone got a ticket. I wonder what the actual legal definition of organized event is.

This is from Imperial Sand Dunes

ORGANIZED GROUP ACTIVITIES AND EVENTS. You may not stage, carry out,participate in, or sponsor an organized event or activity without written authorization from BLM (e.g. customer appreciation days, competitive races, bands, videos, movies, etc.).

http://www.blm.gov/ca/st/en/fo/elcentro/recreation/ohvs/isdra/dunesinfo/lawenforcement/rules_regs.html

I wonder what the actual legal definition of organized event is.

Doesn't really matter unless you are trying to fight it in court. I've come to realize it's up to the ranger, his/her mood, how cool or uncool he/she is, the conditions surrounding the gathering, your attitude, how many laws or rules your breaking, etc. There's alot of factors in a LEO's decision to cite someone regardless if it is actually a valid citation.

Doesn't really matter unless you are trying to fight it in court. I've come to realize it's up to the ranger, his/her mood, how cool or uncool he/she is, the conditions surrounding the gathering, your attitude, how many laws or rules your breaking, etc. There's alot of factors in a LEO's decision to cite someone regardless if it is actually a valid citation.

Your 100% right and I agree, was just curious to know. Back in the mini truck days, guys would carry specific laws in their trucks, sometimes it would help other times it would not.

I will say I am glad for the rangers/LEO's that we have in Dumont compared to those in Glamis!! They are a lot more understanding in comparison IMO!

• Like 1

This is from Imperial Sand Dunes

ORGANIZED GROUP ACTIVITIES AND EVENTS. You may not stage, carry out,participate in, or sponsor an organized event or activity without written authorization from BLM (e.g. customer appreciation days, competitive races, bands, videos, movies, etc.).

http://www.blm.gov/ca/st/en/fo/elcentro/recreation/ohvs/isdra/dunesinfo/lawenforcement/rules_regs.html

From my experience in hosting events at Dumont, I was told by the BLM if you are advertising it in any way, collecting money, registering participants or giving out prizes you need a permit. IMO, these races are borderline organized. Informal, but still organized and competitive in the LEO's eyes. They really arent much different than people talking about going out on Presidents Day and racing each other up comp hill. Again, many other factors come into play when citations get written.

They need ro come up with drag racer codes, (example) the 15th actually means the 1st sat. of the month and stop giving exact locations and times...etc...

Well if they are watching right now, they are screwed already!...lol

it does seems like BS that you can't just go out and race if that is what you like. I don't like the drags so that part doesn't affect how i ride personally, but that is a huge part of what guys like to do. I guess if it is posted on a forum it is advertised.. so much BS behind it all. If you like to drag race though, you need others to race, so you have to tell people where and when.. uggg my head hurts.

I guess if people were following all the other rules with lights, helmets, drugs and all then maybe that would help. There is always going to be people that give the cops attitude and always going to be guys that don't follow the other rules... thus taking me back to offroaders can be our own worst enemies. still seems like people should be able to have fun in the desert without being stalked.

You can blame all of this on the mayham that occured in Southern Ca. a few years ago during the off road race where the trucks landed on the idiots who stood to close. Since then the BLM/USFS and any other local or federal goverment enities have come down hard on anything that could even be remotely construed to be an organized event. Why? Well there's a huge liability issue now facing the goverments about who is responsible when people get hurt at a so called "event". Since there is no promoter then the victim or his family is going sue the living sh*t out of the federal or local goverment(or both) that controls that piece of dirt.

If you want to race then you need to get insurance to protect the goverment from lawyers, therefore unless your rich you have to charge an admission fee to pay for it all and thus you have an organized event where someone other than BLM etc is responsible. But wait there's more, you have to have security, medical on site and a list of other stuff. Just ask Pete how easy it is to put on the regatta each year and why the poker run at Dumont went way. To much hassle and in these finacial times just to damm much money.

Terry

Yeah Tom who puts on the FSA races out there had to build a relationship with them, now I think he has a bit of an easier time.

lucky for those fsa races and holiday weekends we will all still have a chance to race our bikes.thanks to tom and the whole fsa crew for all there hard work and patience dealing with all the political B.S.!!!!thanks to them there is races that we can compete in without to much b.s. being involved.