is it legal to pull a trailer behind a quad?

Is there any rule regarding pulling a trailer behind a quad or sxs? With the side x side rules coming...I started wondering...

Would it be legal to pull a trailer behind a quad (or sxs) that held people? Obviously it couldnt dune....but for all the poeple (woman and kids) that tool around the flats, go to other camps, and cruise to vendors row, would it be legal to ride in a trailer or on a trailer? Say something that you sit on like a quad(helmet), (straddle) with hand hold bars. Or something with seats(and would it require a helmet)....and some old atv tires? Were talking 10 mph stuff here.....

Is there any rule regarding pulling a trailer behind a quad or sxs? With the side x side rules coming...I started wondering...

Would it be legal to pull a trailer behind a quad (or sxs) that held people? Obviously it couldnt dune....but for all the poeple (woman and kids) that tool around the flats, go to other camps, and cruise to vendors row, would it be legal to ride in a trailer or on a trailer? Say something that you sit on like a quad(helmet), (straddle) with hand hold bars. Or something with seats(and would it require a helmet)....and some old atv tires? Were talking 10 mph stuff here.....

I would think that you would be in violation of ca. law. They pulled a friend of mine off of a trailer he was standing on while in camp that was hooked to a truck that was backing the flatbed into position to load a bab-q. I think unless it manufactured to carry people and had the proper safety equiptment + helmets and belts I would think at bare minimum they will stop you and doubt they would allow it to continue. You may want to call the BLM office in barstow and ask to speak to the LEO supervisor about it. But I would bet that he says no.Just my penny's worth.

Terry

Like Terry said, I would call and talk to a supervisor. But, I also would think that it could depend on the situation. I mean, how many of us have watched or participated in Veterans Day, Memorial Day, Christmas light parades, with countless utility trailers full of children and adults? My wife won election to City Council back in November and for the Christmas light parade we just had I pulled a utility trailer with past, present, and future City Council members and Mayors.

Common sense should prevail but I'm thinking they are going to say no es bueno.

Ive wondered the same thing. But instead of a trailer like a car hood or sled. Im from Illinois with snow where we used to pull them behind a quad but since we get no snow in the desert was wondering about westernising it and doing it in the sand.