GoPro/Video Editing Software...What Are You Using?

ltr450rider

So I got me one of them fancy dancy GoPro camera dealies. Took it for my first run yesterday on some mountain biking runs, got some great footage of the camera falling off my seat, and laying in the trail for an hour before I found it, thank god for the WiFi, I used my phone to sniff out the signal as I rolled down the trail, once I found the signal, Ron looked right at it laying in a bush on the side of the trail. Thank God!

So anyway, I have this Pinnacle Studio 12 software that wont read the MP4 files. I have tried converting to other formats for it to read and nothing!!! After reading reviews on the Studio 16 (newer version) I will not be sticking with this Pinnacle brand, even though GoPro says they have had good reviews with it.

Anyways, I want to know what you have used and what works. I dont need all the fancy doo dads, just want to cut and add some killer jams that I wont be allowed to post on youtube!

BTW, I'm running Windows 7, 64 bit.

I'm looking forward to all of your entertaining input!!!

i am using Sony Vegas Pro 9. There are a lot of Sony Video programs in their series. The Vegas Pro series is the higher series, i think they are on 11 or 12 now.

There are many other programs in the same range and higher, as these are about $500 or so. Some of the lower programs will work, the main thing you lose is the number of audio and video lines there are. cheaper programs may only allow 1 audio, 1 video, and 1 text layer open. This can make editting a pain sometimes. I typically don't use many but the Sony Vegas will allow for almost unlimited amounts of each layer.

I just picked up the 'Sony Movie Studio Platinum Suite' ($50 on Amazon). So far it has everything I will ever need. There are alot of things on it that are going to take some time to figure out, but so far the basics seem fairly easy to use.

I threw together a quick and easy tester and it looks pretty good so far. My only complaint so far is I cant open the new edited movie in a regular "Player" on the computer, but I dont think I finalized it properly.

I am going to put togther some mountain bike footage I took last week, I'll post it up when finished.

Edited by ltr450rider