Possible Stupid Question

flavtfan

Since I'm in the Military I am not a resident of Nevada yet( I plan on getting all that stuff changed over but It will not be before the season ). Does Nevada have a non resident registration sticker or would it just be easier for now to get a non resident California sticker?

Nevada doesn't have a non-resident sticker that I have seen.

I'm not sure how they expect to work it with military. Since you ride amargosa, and nellis sometimes I guess there is some risk there of them messing with you. At Dumont they aren't going to care as long as you have a sticker.

What state is your Driver's License?

The Nevada sticker is $20, the cali one is $30 (I think)

right now it's florida but i'm moving to a permanent address once the house closes so i'm going to switch all my stuff to Nevada. My title for the quad is still the original from the guy I bought it in in California so I'm going to re-title it too. I guess i'll just buy another Cali non-res sticker for the time being because i'm not going to be at my permanent address until 1 November and can't technically register my quad in Nevada since I do not have a Nevada drivers license from the way it looks anyway. Speaking of Armagosa, looks like that weekend at the end of September we were talking about it supposed to be in the upper 70's for a high :)

never looked at the Nevada license part. I guess I see that. The DMV was so confused by all this stuff for a while, but I think a year later, and 20,000 tags they at least have it worked out a little better.

and HELL YEAH. i'm ready for a trip to Amargosa. I may even toy my new toy out there just to see how it goes... but probly not since it's sh*tty gas mileage going out there anyway. I do have to work on Saturday night, so I'd rather go sunday. If it's cool enough at Dumont that weekend, we may just have to do a Dumont trip and if I have to I will have another DJ do my gig. I WANNA RIDE!!

thanks for the info.....yeah, i'm definitely getting the cali sticker....if anything at least it goes to BLM funding(I guess) I closed on my house so now I have a physical address so I'm taking my vehicle in to get registered and switch everything to Nevada...I just don't think I could get the ATV registration done before the season....I'll have it soon though, in the mean time i'll get the cali one.

Green sticker goes to OHV use in Ca. So some of it in the form of grants does get used by BLM to operate Dumont. There are a lot of requests for grants and the money goes to big users first thus Glamis get's considerably more than Dumont but the BLM does get some of it usually. The problem is trying to set a budget for the year and not knowing if your going to get a Green Sticker grant or not. It is typical government bureaucracy at it's finest.