Tent Campers Halloween 2013

santos2011

i Had use a Tent once in Dumont. It was an experience to this day I will never forget. Dumont is well known of 50MPH wind at night and imagine sleeping in a Tent which is actually a like a parachute. I had me and my Brother along with an Ice Chest Full of Beer and a Tool Box about 75 Lbs. We called it a night and hopped in the tent. Well I cannot say we slept we woke up the next morning about 100 yards from my Truck and trailer. Ever since I will sleep in my truck if out alone but that night I knew I had to have a Hauler.

As they say a Day at Dumont is better than any day at work or sitting at home.

Have Fun. :MBdance::MBdance::MBdance::MBdance:

• Like 1

Yeah my wife and I slept in a tent once when she was 6 months pregnant. We left and immediately bought a motorhome lol. The whole night the top of the tent was in our faces and she thought we were flying through the air. Tie yourself to your truck or someones to keep you in the camp.

Yeeeessss!!! I scored a toy hauler, all of your guys horror stories almost had my wife cancel my trip, so luckily I got a call back about a Toy Hauler. PS my wife said "aint no f*n way your gonna strap me to a truck" lol Thanks for all of the replies

• Like 1

I've tented it many times out there. luckily, never when the winds were at hurricane force, but definitely on weekends with 20-30 mph sustained. Still always had a good time, because its the experience of just being out there, not laying around at home wondering what the hell were going to do for the weekend.

Exactly. My wife was 6 months pregnant and it was her first time out there. She had a blast. She did however say that we had to get a motorhome before we go back and when we left we went straight over and bought one. It is the experience and relaxation. If I stay home I worry about bills, cleaning, errands, fixing stuff around the house, etc. Just the day to day stuff and never have a chance to relax. Thats what its all about. I'm fine with sleeping in the bed of my truck but my wife says no lol.

@nwtdiesel, Past your camp all weekend long, seen your rig and camper. I must say very clean set up.We had a blast in our little amigo, got stuck a few times but found a lot of nice people willing to give a helping hand without even asking. Glad to see there is a lot of people out there that like playing in the dirt as much as I do.

• Like 1