Cane Beds road to Coral Pink

bam

I have heard that the Cane Beds road to Coral pink is now paved. Also heard that the last five or so miles are dirt. Has anyone taken this road if the last five miles are not paved is it a good dirt road or do you need four wheel drive?

The first few miles of it off the highway are paved, but it still turns into sand/ dirt. It is not too bad, but I will still refuse to take my toyhauler down it. It beats everything up too much. You could get through with a 2WD, but you may want 4WD if you are towing a big trailer. :undecided:

I just took it over Labor Day weekend at Coral since I didnt have by hauler that weekend.

The first few miles of it off the highway are paved, but it still turns into sand/ dirt. It is not too bad, but I will still refuse to take my toyhauler down it. It beats everything up too much. You could get through with a 2WD, but you may want 4WD if you are towing a big trailer. :undecided:

I just took it over Labor Day weekend at Coral since I didnt have by hauler that weekend.

Yeah I'm glad I put the father-in-laws truck in 4wd when we hit that soft spot. Of course my trailer is an anchor in it! It only saves you about 30 min on your trip. Going thru Kanab is a lot smoother and less stress on your trailer.

I just went that way and clocked it.

Its paved first then 4.5 miles of dirt,quality of road is like dumont ,although Dumont was pretty smooth Banshee Wars weekend!! :barf: Then the rest is paved all the way to the dunes.

There were no soft spots in the center of the road 2 weeks ago.But sometimes there are.