Dumont rain

mike156

Just got back from dumont. If anyone remembers presidents weekend 2005 well that what it was like. The rain came down all night long friday night, stopped sat. morning, the dunes rougher than sh*t,the road to the pay area from the dunes is about 10 to 18" lower. The river crossing friday afternoon dry, today the standard 6" of water over the concrete, and surprise the flashflood crossing is back and about 2' deep, alittle early in the season to start having road trouble. Hopefully someone gets a dozer and a grader out there before Halloween otherwise tie the toys down real good and hold on. 2 weeks to go see everyone real soon.

Just got back from dumont. If anyone remembers presidents weekend 2005 well that what it was like. The rain came down all night long friday night, stopped sat. morning, the dunes rougher than sh*t,the road to the pay area from the dunes is about 10 to 18" lower. The river crossing friday afternoon dry, today the standard 6" of water over the concrete, and surprise the flashflood crossing is back and about 2' deep, alittle early in the season to start having road trouble. Hopefully someone gets a dozer and a grader out there before Halloween otherwise tie the toys down real good and hold on. 2 weeks to go see everyone real soon.

Dude i just got back too .....yeah it was pretty tore up but it was still fun as hell .....What were u ridin out there???

Dude i just got back too .....yeah it was pretty tore up but it was still fun as hell .....What were u ridin out there???

I was driving a blue long travel rail and wife (mostly my son) follow'd in a white H2. The dunes are always fun, sweet light show friday night before the rain hit.

So is the road into Dumont that messed up??? I'm heading out Thursday and just wondering what I'm in for?? Weather report calls for upper 80's to low 90's during the day and mid-fifties at night with less than 10 mph winds all weekend long...........Can't Wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!........... :thumbsdown:

So is the road into Dumont that messed up??? I'm heading out Thursday and just wondering what I'm in for?? Weather report calls for upper 80's to low 90's during the day and mid-fifties at night with less than 10 mph winds all weekend long...........Can't Wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!........... :rockon:

For the most part the main road in(Dumont road)is ok stay towards the middle, the water came across in 3or4 spots taking some realestate with it but only on the south side of the road some big drop off's, the big problem as of sunday was from just before the river crossing up to the plateau. The only way in or out was thru the pay station, hopfully by thurs. all the roads will be fixed, if not the only problem I see would be the river crossing before the real river crossing(should be dry but rough and deep) Dont let road stop you from going its not that bad just watch for the holes, Have fun be safe :thumbsdown: