toyhauler cargo door locks- everyone has a key to your trailer

dunefreak

Not sure is most of you are aware of this, but one of our new site sponsors has a great fix for the problem.

If your toyhauler cargo and generator door lock keys have CH751 on them, most everyone has a key to them. I haven't had any break in issues lately, but I am thinking of upgrading all my locks to these.

http://www.dumontduneriders.com/index.php/news/_/articles/many-dont-know-about-this-security-risk-on-r45

That's great, as long as those barrel type locks hold up. Worked with tons of tool boxes over the years with those on it from snap on to you name it, they always break. Not saying those will...just my experience with them.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I was surprised how many things besides toy haulers use that CH751 key.

Last year I had like $2000 worth of prints stolen from a college art display. No sign of break in. Borrowed the key from security to grab my remaining stuff and sure enough CH751. Even worse was how surprised campus PD was when I showed them I can open any case with a key already on my fob. Took a little explaining that I didn't make an illegal copy, and that whoever they hired to put in those cases used a universal barrel lock. :slap: