Cannondale 440 Quad ?

badass24racing

It's the same as the new ATK quad.

ATK bought the rites to it outta Cannondales bankruptcy.

They had engine grenading problems,, the ATK website used to have info on that issue, and an engine improvement program qoing.

I checked them out at one time and they were pricey, and then the engine issue.

Here it is:

http://www.atkusa.com/Products450Quads.aspx

Thanks for the INFO He wants $2400.00 for it

The engine/trans has several major trouble points that will grenade it.

If it doesn't have the modifications to prevent this, ya may want to think that over.

ATK had a program for I think $1500, don't hold me to the cost, but I think thats close. It's where you could send them the motor and they'd do the modifications to prevent the grenading problem, and send it back.

Grenading is the term THEY use. When it grenades your are boned deluxe. It's a mess.

I've seen them out there, they run good. I used to smoke them on a jetted Raptor though, so they weren't the second coming like so may claimed.

Yfz's own them.

The beauty of rideing a very common ATV or MC is that if you get a tricky difficult problem, someone else probably did too and figured out a solution.

The rare machines out there like the cannondale/atk don't seem to have the rider pool that figures out all the demons.

I know new Triumph street bike owners that have all kinds of headaches that the dealers and the smallpool of riders can't figure out.

Just my 2 cents worth of why we bought the YFZs instead of the Cannondale in the first place.

Safety in numbers.

Edited by Ross and Alice

The engine/trans has seven major trouble points that will grenade it.

If it doesn't have the modifications to prevent this, ya may want to think that over.

ATK had a program for I think $1500, don't hold me to the cost, but I think thats close. It's where you could send them the motor and they'd do the modifications to prevent the grenading problem, and send it back.

Grenading is the term THEY use. When it grenades your are boned deluxe. It's a mess.

I've seen them out there, they run good. I used to smoke them on a jetted Raptor though, so they weren't the second coming like so may claimed.

The beauty of rideing a very common ATV or MC is that if you get a tricky difficult problem, someone else probably did too and figured out a solution.

The rare machines out there like the cannondale/atk don't seem to have the rider pool that figures out all the demons.

I know new Triumph street bike owners that have all kinds of headaches that the dealers and the smallpool of riders can't figure out.

Just my 2 cents worth of why we bought the YFZs instead of the Cannondale in the first place.

Safety in numbers.

I doubt that. :dunno:

A huge maybe if it was a bone stock cannibal.But a speed or a moto model I highly doubt

the motor problem was with the 400 model if i remember right... i picked one up from a friend of mine.... 440 speed... in my opion, i don't like quads and i really enjoy riding the cannondale. for $2400 bucks it is a good deal, considering a new atk starts at 10k? and goes to $14k? lemme know what ya do.