Time for an Upgrade! Bye Bye Ace!

sand chick

So after a season and a half of pushing the Ace to its fullest capabilities in the sand and then the trip to Duck Creek, I decided it was time for an upgrade. I had been trying to sale the Ace since April, with no luck. Up at Duck Creek, I had a couple really interested in it, but after the deal fell through, and the rumors of a long travel 900 coming out, I thought it was time to try my luck at a trade in. I knew I wanted something with more power, more suspension as well, that was my biggest complaint with the Ace, lack of suspension. So I took a look at what Ride Now had to offer. I wasn't looking for something new, they had a 2012 RZR 900 XP, right in my price range. So i began the process... emailing back and forth all day with one of the internet dudes, Kyle. He suggested I put a down payment on the RZR, to ensure that it would still be there on Sunday. I declined, Mike said no one was going to want to buy a 2012, when for a little bit more they could pick up a 2016 for just a little more. I was working extra shifts, so I would not be able to go in until Sunday. Back and forth, filling out the paperwork on line, getting approvals, that way everything would be set for Sunday, when the banks were not open. So then I got the call, 5:00 PM on Saturday, the RZR was sold. SADNESS :(:( They did not have any more preowned inventory... So more back and forth on what was available, what was in my price range... A 2015 Trail RZR... yeah, no thanks, same suspension... a 2016 Can Am Commander 800 R... better suspension, I suppose, but would it be enough power? So I decided to go ahead and bring the Ace down for appraisal, it had all that aftermarket awesomeness on it, lets see what I could get and maybe with the 2017's coming out, there would be more pre-owned inventory coming in. So appt for Sunday morning at 10:00 AM all set up. I had to be someplace else in the afternoon, I was going to be doing some delicious baby back rib smoking at a friend's house.

Sunday morning up, early, ribs on ice in the cooler, Ace loaded on the trailer and away we head off to Ride Now...

While we are there waiting, I am sitting in the Can Am Commander 800 R, seems like it might be better the the Ace. Right in front of it is the Can Am Maverick 1000, it's on a mad sale, trying to make room for the 2017's, it's $1000 more then the 2012 XP 900 I had my eye on, so I sit in that one for a minute... it's nice, definitely an upgrade from the Ace... Hmmm... couldn't hurt to have them run payments on that too... Back to the Commander... The take a look at the Ace, bring out the Maverick deal first, yeah no, out of my budget... ok Commander time, it's to freaking HOT, so inside we go, sit at a table, bring out the Commander deal... hmmm... yeah, that's not going to work either. :unsure: What about all those aftermarket goodies on the Ace? Those don't matter, we are already giving you full value on it... back and forth, run some numbers. OK that's what I can do! We reach a deal on the 2016 Can Am Commander 800 R, but nothing can be done, because they have to run new numbers with the bank. Ok, well since the awesome aftermarket products don't matter, can we remove some? As long as they leave no holes. OK. That gives us time to remove stuff, gives me time to think about it and sleep on it over night...

We get to our friend's house and I start texting and calling and talking to all of the dudes who's opinions and thoughts, I value. Am I making the right decision?? It's an up grade from the Ace, yes, but only a little. Back and forth, back and forth... I wanted to be certain... Then my friend Brandon said, did you have them run the numbers on the Maverick??? Well no... Call them back, run numbers.. they returned the call... ok thank you.... see you Monday after work... Monday was THE longest day ever! Waiting for the bank... waiting for a call saying never mind... a call that never happened... So here she is... my upgrade... and as we all know, people call the Can Am's "Canned Ham's" so... "Pork Butt" is her name... And I can't WAIT to get her in the sand!!! Going to add just a touch of green of course! :headbang1::headbang1::headbang1::headbang1::headbang1:

post-3-0-80665100-1470338702_thumb.jpg

post-3-0-74070200-1470338698_thumb.jpg

post-3-0-82583600-1470338699_thumb.jpg

post-3-0-43882700-1470338701_thumb.jpg

post-3-0-90615900-1470338703_thumb.jpg

2016 Can Am Maverick 1000

• Like 1