Need Air

Martin

I've got a Honda 2000W gas powered generator. The red colored quite type. I'm looking for the most powerful air compressor my generator can handle so I can air up my 10 ply truck tires to 75+ pounds at Dumont before heading home. My goal is to find one that is not a space hog and can air me up in a reasonable amount of time. leads or suggestions will be much appriciated :cripple: .

Unless you are planning on driving your truck in the dunes, you shouldn't have to air down. The flat camp area is fairly hard.

I've got narrow 10 ply tires on a 97 F350 4X4 460 gasser pulling 11K. Always get bogged down between first finger and dunes which is where I like to camp. Most of this area is good yet there are several soft patches that I can not always avoid if I don't air down to < = 28 pounds. I usually drive slow to Baker to air up on way out yet this distance is not good for the tires and don't like to wait in line for air. I can also use the compressor for other areas I like to go. Thanks for the response.

i would actually go look at the on board air compressor that 4 wheel parts has, it gets bolted on under your hood, and you can put a connection at the front and at the rear of your truck, iam not sure how much they run, but you wont be dissapointed.

We use the $89 Kragan duel weinie special.

I added a nice gauge type fill nozzle to it with disconnects and the curley type hose available rite there at Kragan. Works teriffic for the big fill jobs.

The 2000iu type Honda generator handels it fine.

We also have the smaller $29 1 gal. tank type for general all around use.

i would actually go look at the on board air compressor that 4 wheel parts has, it gets bolted on under your hood, and you can put a connection at the front and at the rear of your truck, iam not sure how much they run, but you wont be dissapointed.

Sounds :dunno: My (don't tell my sweet sweet wife about) mod fund was just about sucked dry by my 450 this month. I got to check the price part. Thanks.

We use the $89 Kragan duel weinie special.

I added a nice gauge type fill nozzle to it with disconnects and the curley type hose available rite there at Kragan. Works teriffic for the big fill jobs.

The 2000iu type Honda generator handels it fine.

We also have the smaller $29 1 gal. tank type for general all around use.

Price sounds right. Thanks.

martin I have a small craftsman mounted in the front of the trailer its like a 3 gal. 2 or 3 hp it fills the tires fine and good for blowing things down, air tools-dont even bother :dunno: your gen. should run most of the air compressors(contractor types) out there. I think my compressor was under $150 but not a 100% I sort-a barrowed it from work (permanately) I have heard good things about the compressors from Kreagen/pepboys/harbor frieght sometimes you can get a lemon but for the price its worth the chance. I'm going to check into the one that goes under the hood I'll let you know what I find out if you havent already looked

martin I have a small craftsman mounted in the front of the trailer its like a 3 gal. 2 or 3 hp it fills the tires fine and good for blowing things down, air tools-dont even bother :dunno: your gen. should run most of the air compressors(contractor types) out there. I think my compressor was under $150 but not a 100% I sort-a barrowed it from work (permanately) I have heard good things about the compressors from Kreagen/pepboys/harbor frieght sometimes you can get a lemon but for the price its worth the chance. I'm going to check into the one that goes under the hood I'll let you know what I find out if you havent already looked

I don't have a need for a compressor more than once or twice a month. I'll probably go to Kreagen/Pepboys and spend $100. If they will hold up under 10-15 minutes continuous use I'm good. If not I'll return it :blury: and make a plan B. :shoot:

Well I went to Pepboyz and bought a 120 watt, 4 gal Coleman Powermate VP401 for $79.00 This is a really good price for what you get however, I was reminded what you get better be what you need. The overheat switch tripped near the end of airing up my second truck tire from 28 to 70 lbs. I had to wait 20 minutes before it would start up again. For the price I'm going to make due as I didn't want to spend $200+ to get the job done right quick and don't use air tools.

Thanks for all the advise.