remmembrance board

83hurst

hello,

i'm new to the DDR web site,so this might have been brought up in the past.

How about a plaque with the names, and dates of the death .that way people can see just how fragile life is and that no one comes out thinking that it's their turn. People can also say a prayer for all them . I would have no trouble donating some money to start a drive. Our family wishes all of them the best in their time of sorrow.

Kevin

First off, welcome to the site. :D

Second, that sounds like it would be nice to do for the people that have past. Where would you think the plaque should go? Out at Dumont somewhere?

We could set something up here. Maybe a section of the board or website dedicated to "fallen duners"? It would be a good way to remember those that have died doing what we all love doing. It would hopefully also be a reminder to those that forget how fragile life is and remind everyone to be EXTRA cautious out there. :beercheers:

Not saying that this wont happen in dumont but the same thing has been tried in glamis and lots of defacement, vandalism and i believe at one point it was even shot at... The only thing i would suggest is asking if Western maintenance is cool with putting one next to the pay station that way anyone and everyone that walks up to that machine to pay for thier pass can see it and remember those fallen riders that died doing what they loved doing. :D

Not saying that this wont happen in dumont but the same thing has been tried in glamis and lots of defacement, vandalism and i believe at one point it was even shot at... The only thing i would suggest is asking if Western maintenance is cool with putting one next to the pay station that way anyone and everyone that walks up to that machine to pay for thier pass can see it and remember those fallen riders that died doing what they loved doing. :D

I have to agree. One of my close friends has one at Amargossa and they have to fix it up everytime they go out their. NO RESPECT. :thumbsdown:

.....and welcome to DDR.

I have to agree. One of my close friends has one at Amargossa and they have to fix it up everytime they go out their. NO RESPECT. :shocked2:

.....and welcome to DDR.

ya we tried to save a man named Michael at Amargosa but it was too late. Its sad how things happen sometimes.

Ya he wasn't wearin a helmet. Did u know him?

He was a brother of a very close friend in my group...... They always tried to convince the guy to wear a helmet, but he refused. :beercheers:

Thanks for trying to assist....but I heard from his bro-in-law, who was on the scene, that there was pretty much nothing anyone could do.

He was a brother of a very close friend in my group...... They always tried to convince the guy to wear a helmet, but he refused. :blink:

Thanks for trying to assist....but I heard from his bro-in-law, who was on the scene, that there was pretty much nothing anyone could do.

Ya me, my dad, and my dads friend were first on the scene. I saw the whole thing. He came down the hill way to fast and hit like a bush with a bump and it threw him over the bars and he hit his head at the bottom on a rock. I do not want to go into great detail but me and my dad's friend called flight for life but when the ambulance got their they just waved the copter to leave because it was already to late.

I'm sure if he was wearing a helmet, he would still be here today. Amargosa needs to enforce a no helmet, no ride law like dumont and glamis.

I believe I met his brother in law and his sister also. Tough day at the dunes. :driver: