Yamaha 450 Wolverine

Ross and Alice

I just bought the youngest son the new, just released yesterday Zuki 90 4 stroke.

Maynard says he's taking it up comp in 3 weeks.

I think he might just make it. Runs really good, sounds like a 2 stroke.

While I was at the dealer picking it up, I noticed the new, sport styled Yamaha Wolverine 450 4x4.

Automagic trans, 4x4, nice plush suspension, extremely comfortable riding position.

Weight wise, right there with the Kawa 700. I don't think the weight is as BFD to people interested in them as it is to say,, YFZ riders.

People that want these kinda quads don't have to be the first person to the top of comp. Wife is a very good rider, just hates shifting.

I don't even notice I shift, it's so second nature. But negotiating dunes she doesn't want to.

It's amazing how people want you to buy the quad THEY want, and want to argue buying a manual shift.

Wife is adamant about an auto trans and that part of the discussion ends there, her quad will be an auto.

We won't buy Polaris because of how Polaris has so badly burned their customers and dealers in the past, so it boils down now to the Wolverine and the 700.

Anyone know anything abou the Wolverine? The 450 4WD not the 350 2wd.

Any takes?

Edited by Ross and Alice

I have one sitting in my garage, Nice quad, easy to ride seems to go anywhere you want it to. It is a year old no problems, and you are right no shifting. Seems like a great quad for a women. As for the ride........ I ride a Polaris 700 sportsman so it isnt quite as soft as ride as the polaris.