700r raptors should be scared

Midknight

Turbo kits (along with an injection kit for the 660's) have also been around for a while now. Sanddunesaddict used to not shut up about em. :shocked2: :drinkbeer:

I can't see how that would be dune-able though. I would guess it is only for the hill shooters. :banghead: Seems like you'd get some turbo-lag with that making it too much damn work to dune. :dunno:

The turbo bikes ive seen run werent impressive and most were on nitrous too,they took too long to spool up and by the time they did the race was over.Im sure they will get them working eventually and be awesome but until then save your money.

last friday there was a guy with a ds that had a turbo i heard the whistle and then hung around to check it out he was just playing around at the far west end in the dunes. it seemed to be ok he was keeping it spooled up in the powerband not that i would run out and get one but i was surprised to see somebody just playing around with a turbo on a quad

last friday there was a guy with a ds that had a turbo i heard the whistle and then hung around to check it out he was just playing around at the far west end in the dunes. it seemed to be ok he was keeping it spooled up in the powerband not that i would run out and get one but i was surprised to see somebody just playing around with a turbo on a quad

I saw a DS with a Busa in it at comp. I am not sure if it was turboed, but it might have been the same bike. This one definitely needed more tire. He spun the crap outta those paddles and didn't really go that fast up comp.

I saw a DS with a Busa in it at comp. I am not sure if it was turboed, but it might have been the same bike. This one definitely needed more tire. He spun the crap outta those paddles and didn't really go that fast up comp.

that was probably a bike from the guy I told you about.....stuffin busas in a DS frame :laughoff: .

could have been his gearing too, as well as the tires. that is the thing about fabbin up home made bikes....you gotta do your homework..... :north_pole:

that was probably a bike from the guy I told you about.....stuffin busas in a DS frame :laughoff: .

could have been his gearing too, as well as the tires. that is the thing about fabbin up home made bikes....you gotta do your homework..... :north_pole:

I doubt it was gearing. The paddles looked like Geckos! :laughoff::laughoff: I don't know if they were, but they were tiny for a bike with that much power. The bike looked sweet though...a very nice, clean job putting it together. :laughoff: It had an orange powdercoated frame.

I doubt it was gearing. The paddles looked like Geckos! :laughoff::laughoff: I don't know if they were, but they were tiny for a bike with that much power. The bike looked sweet though...a very nice, clean job putting it together. :laughoff: It had an orange powdercoated frame.

yeah, that was one he built like over a year ago.

sand geekos huh :laughoff: when I bought my DS, they came with it, and I soon learned that even on a stocker, they didn't get the job done

because ofthe torque of the DS, most people with them run the skat trak extremes in a 22" or larger.

"

I would imagine that the BUSA DS would need the 26" extremes. :north_pole:

yeah, that was one he built like over a year ago.

sand geekos huh :laughoff: when I bought my DS, they came with it, and I soon learned that even on a stocker, they didn't get the job done

because ofthe torque of the DS, most people with them run the skat trak extremes in a 22" or larger.

"

I would imagine that the BUSA DS would need the 26" extremes. :north_pole:

I have 26" paddles on my Busa RAIL. I don't see why a quad COULDN'T use em, expecially w/ a turbo! :laughoff::laughoff:

The tires were the Skat Trak Sand Skates... and it was turbo'd :D sounded nice.. but wasnt that impressive on the hill... more tire and a little more on the right thumb he was kinda limp dkin it up the hill anyhow... at least from what i heard... wasnt in the throttle that much

The tires were the Skat Trak Sand Skates... and it was turbo'd :D sounded nice.. but wasnt that impressive on the hill... more tire and a little more on the right thumb he was kinda limp dkin it up the hill anyhow... at least from what i heard... wasnt in the throttle that much

the guy that builds them is over on ATV connection, in the can-am thread. Ds days were held @ little Sahara, Ut, where, allegedly, he mopped up the compitition with his newest bike that he built, including the stretched and milled 'shees

and when the guys that specifically drove thier trailer to the hill to unload, load up their drag bikes, loaded them up for the day, dude just duned back to camp :eatdrink021:

ACEISBACK went to DS days this year, and met the guy. he knows who I am talking about.

If the guy at dumont was running sand skates, which, imo, are more for duning than hillshooting, then that could explain why he was spinning the tires.

I still think that if he had 26" extremes, he would have been doing much better

Edited by RICHARDCHEESE