yamaha raptor 700

Richard Cheese

with as big as I am, I doubt it would be that good for me :DDRrocks:

Why do the manufactures take the engines out of the MC bikes, detune them, and then stick them in a quad that is heavier, and has a lower center of gravity....detune them :watching::hello:

if anything, they should improve them, to handle the extra weight.

It's a double standard in quads.

Quads have age ranges, bikes don't.

Developing a new engine has to be very expensive,, a proprietaty engine for a quad would be expensive and I'm sure the quads price would be considerably more.

Many motorized rides share engines.

The big Honda outboards have Accura motors in them.

Polaris watercraft had Fuji tractor motors.

Snomobile makers use all kinds of shared engines.

It's a double standard in quads.

Quads have age ranges, bikes don't.

Developing a new engine has to be very expensive,, a proprietaty engine for a quad would be expensive and I'm sure the quads price would be considerably more.

Many motorized rides share engines.

The big Honda outboards have Accura motors in them.

Polaris watercraft had Fuji tractor motors.

Snomobile makers use all kinds of shared engines.

fuji also makes ther 500 pred-a-turd motor as well

im a big guy myself and i have to say even adjusting stock shocks can make a difference we have 660 raptors i have no vibrations and so far there ok would like better shocks but mushem out and there pleasent

fuji also makes ther 500 pred-a-turd motor as well

im a big guy myself and i have to say even adjusting stock shocks can make a difference we have 660 raptors i have no vibrations and so far there ok would like better shocks but mushem out and there pleasent

Its tough to win only by a few feet to a camera maker huh? :stirthepot::laughoff::idiot:

who told you you were a few feet behind me mine goes in the short course as fast as michelles i think you bumped your head

Short term memory. Age I guess. You stood there and said "3 feet" I said, yep. You said, "I agree". Then what did I say? You will go to DDR and make up your "BIG FISH STORY" and you laughed. Here we go...have your fun... :stirthepot:

Edited by Bound4Dirt

Its tough to win only by a few feet to a camera maker huh? :idiot::thumb::laughing:

who told you you were a few feet behind me mine goes in the short course as fast as michelles i think you bumped your head

Short term memory. Age I guess. You stood there and said "3 feet" I said, yep. You said, "I agree". Then what did I say? You will go to DDR and make up your "BIG FISH STORY" and you laughed. Here we go...have your fun... :clap:

:rockon: Any more posts that hijack this or any other thread by your guys' chit talking about who's faster etc, the posts will be deleted. It's hard to have a normal discussion about things such as this when people chime in with crap like that. Those kind of posts that don't belong in this thread and only interupt a good topic at hand. :laughoff: Sorry to be a little harsh, but it's getting OLD.

If you want to continue it, please remember you can do it in this thread which has been set up for that kind of :stirthepot: talk. :jester:

:laughoff: Any more posts that hijack this or any other thread by your guys' chit talking about who's faster etc, the posts will be deleted. It's hard to have a normal discussion about things such as this when people chime in with crap like that. Those kind of posts that don't belong in this thread and only interupt a good topic at hand. :mc_smiley: Sorry to be a little harsh, but it's getting OLD.

If you want to continue it, please remember you can do it in this thread which has been set up for that kind of :mc_smiley: talk. :laughoff:

Fair enough.

• 2 weeks later...

I rode Big Gunz Raptor SE and the wide was remarkable.

I'm 5'10" and weigh about 230 and it was excellent.

I couldn't imagine improving it at all.

He claims he hasn't touched the shox, so that was bone stock.

Aftermarket shock don't even start getting good until ya flirt with $2K, so it's a BFD if they come on the quad already.

-----------------------------

We spent last weekend on Pismo, really rutted dunes, and it was a reminder that a day on ruff dunes is a long, un-fun day.

I'll take a good riding, fun handling quad over a hill shooter any day.

My only gripe with the 700 is it should develop more power.

Don't know if it's the V twin config of the KFX 700, but the power on the KFX 700 is an eye opener as to what a 700 can really produce.

The drawback to it's auto trans is it constantly wants to up-shift,, so as a competitor, ya have to figure out how to deal with that.