Project Rail Build

SandBox_Kid

I ran across some of the pics from my rail build and thought I would share. I must have spent 2 years putting it together....just by looking at the pics of my property....things have changed a bunch.

Here's the frame I started out with. It was an old rear engine rail my uncle used in the 29 palms area. It was actually stolen and recovered at one time. He kept it in the Torrance area so it started to rust pretty bad. I'm sure I paid way tooooo much for it, but I was stoked to have a project rail to build. :laughoff:

Gotta love the fiberglass!!!

normal_railbuild15.jpg

normal_railbuild14.jpg

How about the beer keg fuel tank?? :beercheers:

normal_railbuild13.jpg

I had that frame stripped and all of the fab work completed for suspension seats and everything, then that's when my buddy called me and told me about a mid-engine frame for sale. I had to have it so......I sold the one from my uncle and picked up another. (NOTE: the above rail is being re-done for BITD racing. It now has LT a-arms in the front and will be running a Honda powerplant. I hope to help in the pits in '08 when it is entered) :rockwoot:

Here's the Prowler SandSprite IV frame that I purchased........

normal_railbuild1.jpg

...notice how the bar that supports the seat backs and fuel tank is welded in? Pretty secure!! RRRRIGHT!

normal_railbuild4.jpg

normal_railbuild6.jpg

normal_railbuild5.jpg

I put the rest of the pics I found here:

Click me

It's not much to look at, but I did build it from the ground up and am happy with the results. Now it's time to get "CHIP" painted or powdered.

Who's gonna build it to race BITD? :ninja:

Rich Wagnon.....co-driver of 3040 for '06. I'm trying to get a hold of him to see the changes. I hear he has a web page with pics of the upgrades. When I find out I will post....as I find it interesting.

Rich Wagnon.....co-driver of 3040 for '06. I'm trying to get a hold of him to see the changes. I hear he has a web page with pics of the upgrades. When I find out I will post....as I find it interesting.

Does he ride with Lance?I think I met him over @ Lances, If its thesame guy I know from school??

Edited by OFFROADRACER

Looks like he's changing the front to a-arm??

(NOTE: the above rail is being re-done for BITD racing. It now has LT a-arms in the front and will be running a Honda powerplant. I hope to help in the pits in '08 when it is entered) :DDRrocks:

:mc_smiley: