Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

I have a Sick Sand Travel Rail and would like to make my own chain rollers. I'm trying to find out what material and where I can purchase. Any help would be great.

Edited by azflyinscooter
Posted

I'm pretty sure the material is nylon. :beerpint::laughoff:

Are they (SST) charging too much for them or is it just a pain to get them?

I have tried for two weeks to get rollers and a rear sprocket. My money must not be good with them. So I have cancelled my trip this weekend because Josey Will not get back to me. He told me He ordered it but I can't get a hold of him now. I'm tired of depending on SST. I don't mind paying for it, it just sucks having only one source to get it from.

Posted

That's too bad, sorry to hear that. Hopefully you can get your stuff soon from him and it's just because things might be a little hectic there due to the "switchup" that everyone has been talking about with the company. Josey seems like a good guy and I doubt he will screw you over. I hope things get smoothed out over at the shop and they can remain the decent company they have been in the past.

Posted (edited)

I would think he would use an off the shelf and readily available chain roller. Take a picture of the old one if you still have it and post it one of the qual forums. I would think that most quads have them as well as a number of street bikes and it shouldn’t be that difficult to match it up. Then again, since you do have a lathe, I guess all you need to do is find some delron.

Edited by scott
Posted

I would think he would use an off the shelf and readily available chain roller. Take a picture of the old one if you still have it and post it one one of the qual forums. I would think that most quads have them as well as a number of street bikes and it shouldnt be that difficult to match it up. Then again, since you do have a lathe, I guess all you need to do is find some delron.

I agree with you, it has to be something already existing rather than just created for these rails. Post up a pic and see if someone knows.

Posted

You guys are wrong. That's if SST is anything like SSC. SSC makes their own rollers. They have different sizes (diameters) of rollers too and they are way more beefy than a quad roller. A quad roller would get eatin up in no time on a Busa especially w/ the 530 O-Ring chain.

Posted

Dunefreak your right SST makes there own with different sizes. I watched SST make mine from a stick of black (Delron ?).

Dunefreak is your rollers the same as SST? You just put the bearings in the rollers and bolt them into one of serveral holes. I will take a picture of the tensioning system and the roller tonight.

Posted

Dunefreak your right SST makes there own with different sizes. I watched SST make mine from a stick of black (Delron ?).

Dunefreak is your rollers the same as SST? You just put the bearings in the rollers and bolt them into one of serveral holes. I will take a picture of the tensioning system and the roller tonight.

Mine are slightly different than SST's rollers.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • VIP RV

×
×
  • Create New...