stupid dirtbikes

EY3BA11

Wife complained of excess gas fumes from the garage.. i though ahh hell its just the petcock leaking again no biggie... fiddle with the petcock and get it to stop... she keeps complaining so i say eff it drain the gas and start running my hands under the tank and go WTF... so i pull the tank off and get to lookin at it and i get to thinkin if it was the petcock how in the hell did gas run uphill.. so i start diggin a lil deeper and find a pretty darn good size crack in my tank... :beercheers: time to find a new tank.. or just save up some extra and do the 05 plastics conversion i have been wanting to do for a while...

NO COLE i dont have enough cash to go buy a new bike and keep this one as a spare... i just gotta fix this one and keep on goin!

too late.. i just spent my next 2 paychecks with thumpertalk this morning... realllllllly didnt want too but hey sometimes ya gotta do what you gotta do!!!

New Tank, Seat, Plastics..

Bad part about the older wr/yz's is most people stopped making WR tanks and only make the YZ426 tanks now. Well if i put a new YZ tank on my bike gotta get the seat that fits, plastics to match and well ya.. what a pain in the a$$.. 300 bucks in parts @ cost.. Top ramen here i come LOL

too late.. i just spent my next 2 paychecks with thumpertalk this morning... realllllllly didnt want too but hey sometimes ya gotta do what you gotta do!!!

New Tank, Seat, Plastics..

Bad part about the older wr/yz's is most people stopped making WR tanks and only make the YZ426 tanks now. Well if i put a new YZ tank on my bike gotta get the seat that fits, plastics to match and well ya.. what a pain in the a$$.. 300 bucks in parts @ cost.. Top ramen here i come LOL

I had a 1998 WR 400 that had the same thing happen to the stock tank. I ponied up an bought all new YZ plastics, tank and seat, 1 season later the stock YZ tank did the same thing. This time I bought a IMS "desert tank" and never had a problem with leaks. It did tend to run warmer however.

I had a 1998 WR 400 that had the same thing happen to the stock tank. I ponied up an bought all new YZ plastics, tank and seat, 1 season later the stock YZ tank did the same thing. This time I bought a IMS "desert tank" and never had a problem with leaks. It did tend to run warmer however.

ims makes a great product in their tanks. i know many guys who have swapped out their stock DS650 tanks for the ims desert tank, and no complaints or problems...besides the 200 bill for the tank (where is that I just got cornholed emoticon???)

The desert tank make the bike really top heavy since the stock wr tank is right at 3 gallons the 3.3 shouldnt be tooo bad.. so i will be ok but ya.. New yz seat, Tank, and plastics... My plastics were long over due to be replaced especially the rad shrouds and side panels but ohh well.. :D I suppose while i have all the plastics off the bike i might as well do the cam swap while im in there.. :D

The desert tank make the bike really top heavy since the stock wr tank is right at 3 gallons the 3.3 shouldnt be tooo bad.. so i will be ok but ya.. New yz seat, Tank, and plastics... My plastics were long over due to be replaced especially the rad shrouds and side panels but ohh well.. :D I suppose while i have all the plastics off the bike i might as well do the cam swap while im in there.. :D

I thought the whole problem was cash right now...and now your gonna do all that? :blink:

I thought the whole problem was cash right now...and now your gonna do all that? :blink:

I was under the same impression from the woman... She told me with the moochin sister and all that things were tight but when i told her it was gonna cost 300 bucks to fix it she just told me that i would have to eat top ramen for a month and loose a trip or 2 to dumont... In that case ill ride local :D