Darn Movie Crews!

Rockinfigs

I was in dumont this past sun-weds and there was a pretty large movie crew filmin a movie for the scifi channel...a movie or tv series called Sands Of Oblivion. Looked cheesy and sounds cheesy if u ask me. But they had about 3 filming sets set up around the place and i tried to park and camp far away from them. well it didnt help because even though the place was empty besides us and the movie crew they kept on driving next to our camp over and over again to go back and forth from set to set...What the hell!! they didnt have the courtesy to drive alittle out and not so close to our camp.. i just dont get it.. Anyways needless to say i had a great time like always. The last day as we were packing up the host came by and told us about the movie and how these people didnt know ANYTHING about the sand. The host told me they got their trucks stuck numerous times throughout the day and he had to get them out. Oh well i didnt care anymore because i was leaving.Well as i was leaving on the dirt road next to the host's camp i see a suburban going about 50-60 mph towards me kicking up major dust. Again i think to myself what the hell is this moron doing...dont these people see the 15mph sign and that they r kicking up dust headin right towards me?? Anyways they pass by me clueless as they can be. i wanted to do something but i was tired and didnt want to get into anything with stupid people. So if anyone is going out this coming up weekend enjoy because they r going to be there till sat..

Edited by Rockinfigs

A film crew came into my work once.

We thought Geeze,, no one likes sci fi any more.

We felt kinda bad for them - kinda of a rinky dink set up, the lighting and sound guys and electricians doubled as bad guys in costume ect,, But the costumes were neat looking.

1 year later the movie was released:

Star Wars.

--------------- --------------------- -------------------------

Film crews are traditionally cavalier and pushy on the set.

Sounds like they were acting the unexcuseable norm again at Dumont.