gears?

barneycar

LOL, haha, Ive got 3.08s I think.....I havnt counted it yet but is a stock 091 3.08? I figure 32 inch tires, with a 1.3 fourth? (Im guessing fourth at 1.3 , I dont have the numbers) . The engine goes to 7000 (turbo suby)so thats about 166 mph......yea, real useful. One of the problems with the car, duning is done in second and when its in boost Im rear ending the v8 cars in my group.

The scary part is it may even hav ethe power to pull fourth gear. So how hard is it to change gears in a 091?

to change the ring gear it is easy to change the pinon is harder you need to have the tools to pull it a part

and the gear sets are quit pricey about 500.00 bucks

my 091 had 5.73s in it with 33's top was about 120 mph.

car now has 3.23 180 with 33's had it to 130 in the dirt on a long straight road with spoters along the way

I got a 4.86 R&P

2.90 1st

1.93 2nd

1.50 3rd

1.26 4th

Mendeola 2D mid

1300 plus comp cut SU tires.

My stinkin' motor won't rev over 7000. :beercheers:

Click 4th gear half way up comp :flipoff:

At the Glamis drags my GPS said a buck thirty-one.

But maybe that was "Glamis speed"? :dope:

We'll have none of that 131 biz. :laughoff:

R-

Edited by Randog

4.56's, can't remember each gear ratio. 450hp LS1 2100lbcar, at the end of Gecko drags the best I could get on GPS was 98mph. I have 16.50 extreme eliminator( I think :D )

Edited by painterjoe

changing my gears to 5.43 with a turbo 350 don't now each gear in the trans running a 10 inch stall converter

425hp sbc car is 2450 lbs just bought 16.50 15 extrems 31.5 tall with out paddles should top out at 105mph

at 6500 rpm's need to get alum bead locks and get ridof the steel rims to drop a little weight.