where is the money going call the blm and ask 760 252 6500

i just talked to the blm and was told they only made 414.000 on the sale of the dumont passes. do you trust them ?? call them and ask were is the money and were did it go 760 252 6000

Do you really think this the right route to take? That is what the meetings are for - To ask questions. I myself are kind of curious of income from these passes too - but this is a business, and like any other business I think the books should/could be audited by an INDEPENDENT source.

Do you really think this the right route to take? That is what the meetings are for - To ask questions. I myself are kind of curious of income from these passes too - but this is a business, and like any other business I think the books should/could be audited by an INDEPENDENT source.

if you dont call and ask they will think no one cares and they the blm can do anything they want. and no one will say one thing about it. if we all call and just ask. they will know people out there are looking at what they are doing . i have been told at the end of the year if the money has not been spent on dumont it gos to a general fund and can be spent any were they want. now if there was money that was not spent like last year and went in that fund .why are they going to double the price???? and what will dumont get.

I don't think taking this route is the absolute worse way to go... but I think it is re-inventing the wheel. Why do the same work that others are already doing?

Learning and educating ourselves is very important. We'll never be able to keep Dumont open to riding unless we get a working knowledge of how to keep it open.

But... I do think following protocol goes a long way and is much more efficient.

Yes, the BLM can answer the questions... from 60,000 different people. Or they can answer the questions posed to them by the people who represent 60,000 people and rely on those representatives to pass that information along.

Vicki

if you dont call and ask they will think no one cares and they the blm can do anything they want. and no one will say one thing about it. if we all call and just ask. they will know people out there are looking at what they are doing . i have been told at the end of the year if the money has not been spent on dumont it gos to a general fund and can be spent any were they want. now if there was money that was not spent like last year and went in that fund .why are they going to double the price???? and what will dumont get.

I don't think taking this route is the absolute worse way to go... but I think it is re-inventing the wheel. Why do the same work that others are already doing?

Learning and educating ourselves is very important. We'll never be able to keep Dumont open to riding unless we get a working knowledge of how to keep it open.

But... I do think following protocol goes a long way and is much more efficient.

Yes, the BLM can answer the questions... from 60,000 different people. Or they can answer the questions posed to them by the people who represent 60,000 people and rely on those representatives to pass that information along.

Vicki

I see where you are coming from - but won’t a different approach make for different results. Just as an EXAMPLE - I call there, you call there, and the whole world calls there - there is no accountability of these calls. What COULD happen is the person answering the phone just gets sick of doing that task and just you what you want to hear.

Now let’s say, a professional independent auditor exercises the right to have the books (This is public info, correct? I could be wrong) and go's over the whole thing starting with counting the number of passes purchased from the printer, then the number of passes sold to the customer, minus the voids if there are any(I’m sure there are mistakes). Wouldn’t that take any question out of making sure that everyone is honest in the whole deal, for a small fee out of the DUMONT account.

From what I was told in many instances, is that the money from the pass sales does not go in to this general fund - it is for DUMONT purposes/business only. I believe the sign on the way in states that in a short way also.

I’m in no way stating that we are being robbed - I just think in my opinion this is a simple way for BOTH sides to be represented. A business 101 approach.....

Everytime they answer calls about this, just remember your keeping them away from there job and working for us. They work late, get paid more, there is alot of info in other posts about where the money goes and what has happened concerning next year and the fee increase. Just read a little bit, better yet, come on out to a meeting, you'll learn alot about what goes on out there. And they listen to us as well....SF Woody :thumbsdown:

I have to agree with Woody and SailAway the BLM has issued a spread sheet of all the expenses for Dumont to the board that is how they know where there going to be next year, and just like a auditor the info he will have it to complex and it is very hard to relate in a forum fashion. All I can say is it is there on the table for all to see at these meetings and you can look at it and ask questions because there will be a lot of there, there was for me that’s why I started going myself.

:barf::think::thumbsdown::beerpint:

Just a couple numbers from last year:

Income: Little over 1M, almost 500k appropriated from the state, for total of 1.5M

Outflow: Almost 1.5M

We are not getting any appropriated funds from the state this coming year, so the only money coming in is from pass sales.

Couple more numbers:

Road and Camping maint: 251K

Facility Maint: 119K

Visitor Spt and Med Serv: 289K

LEO's: 361K

And there is alot more smaller outflows in there as well, so you can kinda see where the money is going. We and they know this year that some things will have to be put on the back burner. Maybe next year we can get some money from the Govt, but we can't rely on that. If you want to call anyone, call your state reps and ask why the appr. funds are going.....Semper Fi, Woody :thumbsdown:

Woody hit the nail right on the head. The calls you should be makeing are to the Ca.state lawmakers and ask them how they let the green sticker commision get over run with anti-access zellots. :laughoff: :smoker:

The meetings time and places are heavily advertised.

You can sit right in in person, and talk up all ya want.

Several people even offer to drive others gratis, I did, the Orig Sandemon did too.

The BLM gets calls all day long from people griping.

They simply refer the gripers to attend the meetings, and of course, none of the complainers show up.

In fact, you can even get involved by joining FoDD, that is, friends of Dumont Dunes and help make a difference.

The real complaint is the Greenies got control of the Green sticker money, and other funds have been cut too.

Edited by Duneraider