cam mod for yfz450

yfzkyle

Here you go Kyle

Let him know that I sent you (Paul Robinson), and that you came from DDR. He'll hook ya up

Contact Info: Dan

Power House Racing

3834 Schiff Dr.

Las Vegas, NV 89103

Located in The Center at Spring Mt. in China Town

Phone 702-227-1238.

Edited by Paul Rob

thanks alot paul ill deffinitly be giving him a call

If your are mechanically inclined at all,its a very easy thing to do yourself.all you are paying for is for them to roll the exhaust cam back one tooth.Its really easy.take the cam cover off..set the cams at top dead center with the flywheel marks and see how the dots on the cams line up with the edge of the head.You take the cam tensioner and release the tension off the cam chain.Take the cam caps off.line the marks up on the fly wheel with the marks on the inspection hole.line up the intake dot on the intake cam with the surface of the head and set the exhaust one tooth above the surface of the head.the intake cam should have the dot almost even with the head and the exhaust cam dot should be just above the surface of the head.When its in the stock position both line up even with the surface of the head.it might sound like alot of work but its really easy.make sure you torque the cam journals back down to yamaha's specs.

Here is a link with videos on how to do it.Save your money.Its really really easy.

Cam-Mod How To Vids

Edited by Sand_YFZ

Does this mod make the exhaust quit glowing? Also is there a noticable difference in performance?

There is a noticable difference if done right, but no it does nothing for the glowing that I have seen.

if your glowing you need to re jet they run lean from the factory but as for the cam mod id feel more comfortable if i had some one whos done it before do it for me any one wana make a 100$ thats done the cam mod before pm me

if your glowing you need to re jet they run lean from the factory but as for the cam mod id feel more comfortable if i had some one whos done it before do it for me any one wana make a 100$ thats done the cam mod before pm me

What up man, if your nearby I'll do it for you.. just bring a 12 pack of beer :laughoff:

• 2 weeks later...

I think mine has more top end now. I am running 22" Razr's and went up a tooth on the front for in the sand. I like it now. I did notice when it was hot it pinged a little but I was out of 100 octane. Cant waituntill I can put it back in the sand. :think::pissed:

Hey Kyle, I live in Vegas. Got the cam mod done, and I dont think I live too far from you (Twain & Durango). I think I have talked to you on YFZ central a lil bit? Anywayz. I didnt do the mod myself, but my buddy (evilbeaver) did it for me. You can either try to contact him on here, or let me know and I will get a hold of him for you.

Later, John...

What kind of power difference will you get doing it?

I picked up big all around, but huge gains on the top end. I will let you ride mine to see what you think before doing it. The only other mods I got are a Big Gun Race, White Brothers Rev box, Jetting, proflow air kit & k&n. No gear change on 91 octane.

Later, John...

Edited by SINCITY450

I picked up big all around, but huge gains on the top end. I will let you ride mine to see what you think before doing it. The only other mods I got are a Big Gun Race, White Brothers Rev box, Jetting, proflow air kit & k&n. No gear change on 91 octane.

Later, John...

Your bike looks a bit like mine

450atCoral.jpg

I have a White Brothers E2 slip on, airbox with K&N already mounted, also a Jetted and dyno'd factory carb (this this setup) for sale.

Edited by mineurbiz

Your bike looks a bit like mine

450atCoral.jpg

I have a White Brothers E2 slip on, airbox with K&N already mounted, also a Jetted and dyno'd factory carb (this this setup) for sale.

Yea it does. The only thing your missing is the +2 arms and elka's and I would have a twin. Also both pics of our bikes were taken at Coral Pink.

yea man that would be awsome if you could get ahold of him i live on rainbow and twain and i can bring it to you just let me no when would be a good time weekends are good for me and how much